The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Double Din Navigation Systems (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Navall 2 Replacement touch screen (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=282821)

Ennine 30th April 2018 23:10

Navall 2 Replacement touch screen

2 Attachment(s)
I have at last managed to devote some time to tracking down a source for replacement digitiser screens. I will see if I can find a more local supplier but have ordered one up for myself. The screen is available here.
I would advise anyone considering ordering one to drop the front off the Nav' and verify the part number is the same. It is clearly visable once the sticky tape is peeled back a little. I have posted an image for anyone unsure.

Ennine 1st May 2018 15:17

I'm not sure how many screens have failed, nor how many owners would want to tackle replacing it, but if any interest is shown I will endeavour to put together a How to, strip down and replace video but only if there is a need. Otherwise I shall just swap mine out when the new one arrives.

maxi_crawf 1st May 2018 16:43

It might be worth it, I imagine it's the same procedure (or similar) no matter which model of Navall it is.

If nothing else we now know that screens are obtainable :bowdown:

Kennyeth 5th May 2018 04:47

Hi Nige, I took my non working Nav 2 out and decided to put the Symphony back in. If it is not to difficult and you get yours to work then I would be interested in a few notes, tips EtC. Don`t go overboard though just for me :}
Ken.

Ennine 5th May 2018 08:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kennyeth (Post 2627024)
Hi Nige, I took my non working Nav 2 out and decided to put the Symphony back in. If it is not to difficult and you get yours to work then I would be interested in a few notes, tips EtC. Don`t go overboard though just for me :}
Ken.

Hi Ken, I have recorded a strip down and once the new screen arrives I intend to record the screen swap and unit reassembly. I decided that was a sensible route to take for anyone wanting to tackle the job and needing insight into what is involved. Obviously I'll be more than happy to answer any questions that I can and I'll post progress on this thread. The screen has been dispatched and cost £17, delivery estimate is 15 days from order. We will know how viable the repair is after that.

maxi_crawf 5th May 2018 09:53

Well for £17 and some faffing around if it gets it working again I'd be more than happy to be honest!

Kennyeth 5th May 2018 16:35

Thanks Nige, all fingers crossed for it to work out for you.
Ken.

Ennine 5th May 2018 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kennyeth (Post 2627168)
Thanks Nige, all fingers crossed for it to work out for you.
Ken.

To be honest Ken, having sold the 75 I had no real use for it and was going to consign it to loft. After all the faffing about regarding screens, the last I read was that they were on order for £35 a time plus fitting. I assumed that all had gone well and were sorted. I was certainly not about to part with another penny in the direction of a particular trader (not Jeff I hasten to add), so was very surprised to read a few days back that the screens never materialised. I decided to try and source them, and as the Nav' was still sitting in my office, decided to give in to my nature of needing to fix anything that can't be fixed. If it works out I shall most likely remove the walnut trim and try to cram it into my son's Kia or a friends Fabia. I certainly never want to see the darn thing again.

mystabe 17th May 2018 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxi_crawf (Post 2627085)
Well for £17 and some faffing around if it gets it working again I'd be more than happy to be honest!

My thoughts exactly!

Well done Ennine for sourcing what many of us believed to be unsourceable!

Like yourself I would probably never put mine back in a car but at least I may get a little of my money back on it if it's fully functional

Ennine 17th May 2018 12:43

A how to replace guide has now been posted in the DD section

coolcat 18th May 2018 07:12

Well done to Nigel for persevering and finding a replacement touch membrane for the Navall2.

Good job with the guide as well:bowdown:

Ennine 18th May 2018 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 2631137)
Well done to Nigel for persevering and finding a replacement touch membrane for the Navall2.

Good job with the guide as well:bowdown:

Thank you Jeff. As always, I value your input and comments with the greatest respect. Particularly regarding the guide. Always so easy to miss something that is obvious to us engineers but no so for the less inclined.

MikeHurley 7th June 2018 21:24

So pleased to have come across this post today have had a duff screen on my Navall 2 since early 2017.
Having seen the how to and the relatively low cost -£15- for replacement screen I've placed my order this evening and hope to be fitting it in a few weeks time.
Thank you so much. I will post when accomplished ! Gulp

Ennine 7th June 2018 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeHurley (Post 2638040)
So pleased to have come across this post today have had a duff screen on my Navall 2 since early 2017.
Having seen the how to and the relatively low cost -£15- for replacement screen I've placed my order this evening and hope to be fitting it in a few weeks time.
Thank you so much. I will post when accomplished ! Gulp

I (for one) would appreciate any feedback from anyone taking it on. I'm sure you will find it fairly straighforward. Take your time, let's know how you get on and post here if you have any questions or issues and I will help in anyway I can.

MikeHurley 18th June 2018 19:39

This evening a package arrived very well packed . So next thing will be to remove unit from car and carefully dismantle. 😀

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Ennine 18th June 2018 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeHurley (Post 2641428)
This evening a package arrived very well packed . So next thing will be to remove unit from car and carefully dismantle. 😀

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

If you manage to remove the screen from the packaging without scratching your head at least once, you pass the first test !!!

MikeHurley 18th June 2018 23:08

Please to let anyone else contemplating a screen replacement , thanks to Ennine's excellent and easy to follow You Tube link above I took the old screen out and installed the new replacement................putting the whole unit back in the car tomorrow..................will advise if the effort was worth it.

One thing I cant believe is how delicate and fragile the touch screens are, strongly suggest to all Navall owners treat them very gently.

Update due tomorrow evening.

MikeHurley 19th June 2018 19:15

All fitted back in the car, powered up and back to normal operation.

If anyone else doubts their ability to replace their Navall 2 screens think again.

I am pleased I decided to have a go and succeed thanks to Ennine's video and link to replacements screens.

Ennine 19th June 2018 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeHurley (Post 2641769)
All fitted back in the car, powered up and back to normal operation.

If anyone else doubts their ability to replace their Navall 2 screens think again.

I am pleased I decided to have a go and succeed thanks to Ennine's video and link to replacements screens.

Thanks for the feedback Mike and good job, well done. Been waiting with bated breath for the outcome of your endeavour. Really pleased all went well for you.

julz 28th November 2018 14:44

Hi everyone,

the supplier seems to be out of stock...
does anyone know any other suppliers?

Thank you
Julian

Ennine 28th November 2018 15:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by julz (Post 2690241)
Hi everyone,

the supplier seems to be out of stock...
does anyone know any other suppliers?

Thank you
Julian

Best I can do at the moment LINK
Only if you can translate it. Have you dropped actablet an email to see if they are expecting a re-stock?

julz 29th November 2018 06:32

Thank you Ennine

I have written to actablet and they said will not re-stock it.
Have seen the other page but it's in Ukrainian, will try to register and see what happens.

thank you again
Juilan

julz 4th May 2019 08:02

Hello again,

does anyone know the exact measurements of the touchscreen? Found something on aliexpres but not sure of the size.

Thank you
julian

Ennine 4th May 2019 08:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by julz (Post 2731489)
Hello again,

does anyone know the exact measurements of the touchscreen? Found something on aliexpres but not sure of the size.

Thank you
julian

7 Inch Dimension: Width: 164mm; Height: 99mm

Ennine 5th May 2019 11:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by julz (Post 2731489)
Hello again,

Thank you
julian

Check thhttps://www.ebay.ca/itm/7-inch-Touch...sAAOSwx9lcRtOQis out. Doesn't say it's a V2 but everything else looks correct.