The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   LSM wiring diagram (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=254137)

bigblue75 30th September 2016 16:41

LSM wiring diagram

Would any kind soul be able to provide a wiring diagram showing pin layout, wire colour and function please? Feel like I'm looking for something in a haystack but don't know what it is...

The LSM is for a 51 plate diesel with front and rear fog lights, Have a problem with brake lights sticking on.

Many thanks in advance.

T-Cut 30th September 2016 17:52

Have you checked the brake switch on the gearbox? I don't think the LSM is involved with the brake lights is it?

TC

EDIT: I said brake lights but was thinking reverse lights! I'll wake up soon.

bigblue75 30th September 2016 18:51

Should have mentioned it's a manual (2.0 CDTi), been working odd shifts and trying to eliminate possible faults as and when I have time.

raykay 1st October 2016 17:03

Could be a problem with the pedal switch position, which is not a simple on/off switch!!

The bracket has a sensor that detects the pedal position, when the brake pedal is at rest, it is detected and the sensor allows a power feed to the LSM. When the pedal is moved away from the sensor, it breaks the circuit which is detected by the LSM which switches on the brake lights.

BigRuss 1st October 2016 19:25

Have you tried a replacement LSM to see if that's causing the problem.
I've had one or two that have failed and caused the brake lights to stay on ;)
If you could possibly borrow one to try it would be useful in fault finding the issue ;)

Russ

bigblue75 1st October 2016 20:09

Been searching through the forum and realise that swapping the LSM would eliminate that if the fault persisted.

Thanks for the advice, think a visit to Cossie Dunc will be arranged to test that and then begin the wiring fault finding if it not the LSM...

klarzy 1st October 2016 20:11

any lamp warnings?

COLVERT 1st October 2016 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by raykay (Post 2373681)
Could be a problem with the pedal switch position, which is not a simple on/off switch!!

The bracket has a sensor that detects the pedal position, when the brake pedal is at rest, it is detected and the sensor allows a power feed to the LSM. When the pedal is moved away from the sensor, it breaks the circuit which is detected by the LSM which switches on the brake lights.

What HE said.----:D:D:D

bigblue75 2nd October 2016 06:27

Replies appreciated

Not able to refer you to the original post regarding the problem,

have changed brake switch to rectify brake lights sticking on intermittently.. now brake lights work as they should when
i) ignition position 1
or
ii) all ignition positions when abs fuse (32 in passenger fuse board) removed.

otherwise they are permanently on (except when ignition position 0)

The problem is not currently a common one, not sure if that will change as cars get older.

Will contact Cossie Dunc to see about trying a known working LSM and take it from there.

chgperformance 2nd October 2016 19:56

Let me know how you get on, really want to fix mine! Fed up not having a speedo!