The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   MoT Today - Passed with no advisories (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=295436)

AndyN01 30th April 2019 16:20

MoT Today - Passed with no advisories

Hi all,

After my erm..... "struggle" with the passenger side front wishbone and with over 184K on the clock I wasn't relishing today.

But......

The only work was some welding around the rear suspension - which I'd already flagged up anyway so I knew that was coming. I'd done a check over but it's nice to see the tester hasn't found anything else.

Nothing mentioned about emissions - I guess thanks to Mickeyboy's replacement injector. Cheers.

No duff drop links, no broken springs, no iffy top mounts, no rotten subframes.

All pretty good. :}:}

Watch this space as she'll be going up for sale as we don't have space or time to keep 3 cars.......

Andy.

Rogue 30th April 2019 18:48

Congratulations :)

Clickernick 30th April 2019 19:16

Don’t some folk just make yer sick ! :D:D

grout20 1st May 2019 07:31

Hi Andy

Congratulations!

I bet it was clean and shiny too? :D

Cheers

John

AndyN01 1st May 2019 08:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by grout20 (Post 2730795)
Hi Andy

Congratulations!

I bet it was clean and shiny too? :D

Cheers

John

Oddly enough.....Yes (well clean anyway) :}.

I work on the idea that it's not fair on the tester to give them a car covered in mud etc. and it allows them to see all the components/body etc which, in turn, helps them to keep you (us) safe.

Andy.

roverbarmy 1st May 2019 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clickernick (Post 2730729)
Don’t some folk just make yer sick ! :D:D

Don't take the "P" out of presentation! :D Well done to OP.

MSS 1st May 2019 13:11

Congratulations! :}

grout20 2nd May 2019 07:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyN01 (Post 2730805)
Oddly enough.....Yes (well clean anyway) :}.
I work on the idea that it's not fair on the tester to give them a car covered in mud etc. and it allows them to see all the components/body etc which, in turn, helps them to keep you (us) safe.
Andy.

Hi Andy

Agree entirely.

I take the undertray off to make it easier for MOT chap to get at everything easier too.

Cheeky wotsit said he was going to give me an Advisory that I'd missed cleaning one of the ball joint rubbers! :eek: :D

Regards

John

AndyN01 2nd May 2019 12:39

Indeed.

Yes, the undertray was off.

Andy.

Mickyboy 2nd May 2019 14:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyN01 (Post 2730698)
Hi all,

After my erm..... "struggle" with the passenger side front wishbone and with over 184K on the clock I wasn't relishing today.

But......

The only work was some welding around the rear suspension - which I'd already flagged up anyway so I knew that was coming. I'd done a check over but it's nice to see the tester hasn't found anything else.

Nothing mentioned about emissions - I guess thanks to Mickeyboy's replacement injector. Cheers.

No duff drop links, no broken springs, no iffy top mounts, no rotten subframes.

All pretty good. :}:}

Watch this space as she'll be going up for sale as we don't have space or time to keep 3 cars.......

Andy.

Glad to hear that the injector is “doing it’s stuff” glad to hear the MOT went well too 👍
Mick