The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   My worst MOT (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=315284)

macafee2 15th September 2021 08:50

My worst MOT

Took my saloon for an MOT today, this is the worst MOT it has had since I owned it.

Advisories on :-
Nearside headlight pattern, possibly due to the bulb
Handbrake efficiency only just good enough, I had no idea I've not had problems with it.
Corrosion on rear discs starting to appear

Overall a pass and he said he has seen 5 year old cars with more rust

I'm disappointed as I try to make sure the car is 100%

At least I have something to do in the winter evenings :)

macafee2

planenut 15th September 2021 10:02

I have found a lot of people had comments on rust on the brakes and I am convinced it's due to lack of use.
We get used to the handbrake pressure and gradually compensate without being aware.

I am sure there are scores of owners would be envious of your report.

coolguy 15th September 2021 12:17

I have seen cars less than 3 months old with brake discs rusting. I understand it is no longer a "fail" for the MOT, just an advisory.

roverbarmy 15th September 2021 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolguy (Post 2899656)
I have seen cars less than 3 months old with brake discs rusting. I understand it is no longer a "fail" for the MOT, just an advisory.

It's not rust, it's the parmesan cheese that they are making them from!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

buster12 15th September 2021 15:14

I had mine done today, failed it on rear indicator lights wrong colour, roll bar drop links both sides, and then the advisories, corroded fuel tank straps, headlamp fogged, rear shock absorbers have a light misting of oil, suspension spring mounting corroded both sides, anti-roll bar corroded, read sub frame and arms corroded but not excessive.
I think I'd rather have your problems.

xsport 15th September 2021 15:29

yes the testers are getting very tough lately. government wants us off the road . maybe the nearer the electric days get to us .... the tougher the testers forgiveness will be. older cars now will be watched more closely by testers and police i think. so who passed this cars m.o.t might be the question on their lips. ...

Southern Star 15th September 2021 19:12

You think that's bad? :}

Date tested
3 December 2020
FAIL
View test certificate
Mileage
144,217 miles
MOT test number
8985 0695 2886
Test location
View test location
Do not drive until repaired (dangerous defects):
Nearside Front Tyre tread depth below requirements of 1.6mm worn on inner edge (5.2.3 (e))
Repair immediately (major defects):
Anti-lock braking system warning lamp indicates an ABS fault light on dash (1.6 (b))
Brake lever has insufficient reserve travel hand brake (1.1.2 (a))
Offside Front Anti-roll bar linkage ball joint excessively worn drop link (5.3.4 (a) (i))
Offside Rear Vehicle structure corroded to the extent that the rigidity of the assembly is significantly reduced jacking point corroded (6.1.1 (c) (i))
Rear Exhaust system insecure backbox mount snapped (6.1.2 (a))

Date tested
18 November 2019
FAIL
View test certificate
Mileage
140,094 miles
MOT test number
3873 5737 9000
Test location
View test location
Do not drive until repaired (dangerous defects):
Offside Front Suspension arm ball joint likely to become detached bottom ball joint play (5.3.4 (a) (ii))
Nearside Rear Wheel bearing so rough it is likely to overheat or break up and play (5.1.3 (b) (ii))
Repair immediately (major defects):
Brake lever has insufficient reserve travel park brake no reserve travel (1.1.2 (a))
Nearside Front Anti-roll bar linkage ball joint dust cover no longer prevents the ingress of dirt drop link dust cover split (5.3.4 (b) (ii))
Offside Front Anti-roll bar linkage ball joint excessively worn droplink (5.3.4 (a) (i))
Nearside Front Inner Suspension arm pin or bush excessively worn rear wishbone bush (5.3.4 (a) (i))
Offside Rear Vehicle structure corroded to the extent that the rigidity of the assembly is significantly reduced outer sill by jacking point corroded (6.1.1 (c) (i))

Number 6 15th September 2021 19:25

Ct,(mot)

Well for the first time in the 16 years I have owned my 75 Diesel it failed the CT (MOT). Well annoyed as it has only done 208428 miles. The reason for the fail was the Front Lower Arms outer ball joint which were the originals. Was expecting them to last longer than that:shrug:

sworks 15th September 2021 19:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by xsport (Post 2899675)
yes the testers are getting very tough lately. government wants us off the road . maybe the nearer the electric days get to us .... the tougher the testers forgiveness will be. older cars now will be watched more closely by testers and police i think. so who passed this cars m.o.t might be the question on their lips. ...

Not true, the mot is still minimum standard of roadworthiness

Golden Tones 15th September 2021 19:48

I'd be a happy man looking at that.

My other car is a 1999 Mondeo estate, and was well and truly panned on it's last MOT.