The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Air Con Woes (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=227059)

Ian G 28th September 2015 09:17

Air Con Woes

Good morning.
I had the air conditioning re-gassed in Redfive (diesel) a few weeks ago but now it has lost it's chill factor again, so obviously it's got a leak somewhere in the system.
Does anyone know if there is a common place for these systems to fail or have I got to start searching?
Cheers Ian

ceedy 28th September 2015 09:27

The schrader valves do often weep a bit ?

C.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redfive (Post 2106430)
Good morning.
I had the air conditioning re-gassed in Redfive (diesel) a few weeks ago but now it has lost it's chill factor again, so obviously it's got a leak somewhere in the system.
Does anyone know if there is a common place for these systems to fail or have I got to start searching?
Cheers Ian

Phil-T4 28th September 2015 09:27

Needs pressuring, 10 bar of nitrogen will do and then go around with a liquid soap solution looking for leaks.
Alternatively, use a UV light around the system to highlight any dye leaks, the brighter the green glow, the fresher the leak is.

Ian G 28th September 2015 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil-T4 (Post 2106439)
Needs pressuring, 10 bar of nitrogen will do and then go around with a liquid soap solution looking for leaks.
Alternatively, use a UV light around the system to highlight any dye leaks, the brighter the green glow, the fresher the leak is.

Thanks Phil
Dye was added at the re-gas, I've just phoned the guy who did it and I'm taking "Red" back to him on Wednesday afternoon so hopefully it will be resolved as with this Indian Summer looking to stay for a few more days it would be nice to have working air-con for our journey north to the national next weekend.
Cheers Ian

Chuckles 29th September 2015 06:01

Never thought of leaks! I had the system regassed and the word back was the compressor maybe faulty.
The clutch kicks in but the pipes do not go cold. The small pipe goes hot and the larger one does nothing ...
So I was expecting the compressor to be at fault - now you've got me thinking (a very difficult thing NOT to do!)

stevenicks 29th September 2015 07:20

I had the same problem because the condensor was pitted and way past its sell by date. Had a new one fitted buy the guys at the last Midlands Nano meet. Had it regassed over a week ago now and works a treat. The lads at the meet really know their stuff and lots of banter:}:}.

SD1too 29th September 2015 07:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuckles (Post 2107012)
I had the system regassed and the word back was the compressor maybe faulty.

"Maybe faulty" says it all doesn't it? My advice would be to book a mobile air conditioning practitioner to come to your house and attach a gauge set. The pressures displayed will take the "maybe" out of the equation! ;)

Simon

pevil 29th September 2015 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenicks (Post 2107053)
I had the same problem because the condensor was pitted and way past its sell by date. Had a new one fitted buy the guys at the last Midlands Nano meet. Had it regassed over a week ago now and works a treat. The lads at the meet really know their stuff and lots of banter:}:}.

Same here, they don't last forever!