The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Heart Burn! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=305960)

Odd Job 26th June 2020 21:26

Heart Burn!

I'm fond of the odd tipple, bitter, stout, the occasional larger, I like red wine too.

My good lady wife this evening came home from work with some non-alcoholic larger, now it's a while since I've tried any, years ago I used to drink Kaliber when I was driving, and it was "palatable" and much better than the possible alternatives.
" Give it a try " she said.
So I have! It's not too bad. It does remind me of Kaliber from all those years ago, but one thing I wasn't expecting was the absolute killer heart burn which has hit me an hour afterwards!
It's taken 3 cans of Guiness to sort it out!!! :D:D:D

The Rovering Member 26th June 2020 21:44

I had a quite persistent heartburn while on a short break in Norwich a couple of years ago. We went into The Ribs of Beef down Wensum Street in the evening for a couple & l tried a stout called Egyptian Creme by the Nene Valley Brewery.
Well, after just one quaff the heartburn instantly & completely disappeared, just gone as though it had never been. A really lovely pint too, just how l like a dark beer to be. I haven't seen it since.

RPWC 26th June 2020 21:55

I suffer from acid reflux sometimes, its normally triggered by too strong a coffee,certain pastries, but last week I had a bottle of Blandford Fly ale, one which I have had many times and enjoyed, but last week it gave me terrible a r, so I poured it down the sink as it didn't taste nice either

Mr bountyfull 27th June 2020 00:39

Try a good apple cider vinegar, tea spoon with 500ml of water has help me.

COLVERT 28th June 2020 14:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPWC (Post 2821345)
I suffer from acid reflux sometimes, its normally triggered by too strong a coffee,certain pastries, but last week I had a bottle of Blandford Fly ale, one which I have had many times and enjoyed, but last week it gave me terrible a r, so I poured it down the sink as it didn't taste nice either

Maybe they put a Fly too many in it.---:shrug:

coolguy 28th June 2020 17:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rovering Member (Post 2821342)
I had a quite persistent heartburn while on a short break in Norwich a couple of years ago. We went into The Ribs of Beef down Wensum Street in the evening for a couple & l tried a stout called Egyptian Creme by the Nene Valley Brewery.
Well, after just one quaff the heartburn instantly & completely disappeared, just gone as though it had never been. A really lovely pint too, just how l like a dark beer to be. I haven't seen it since.

Still produced, and only 15 miles from me. I must visit. Beautifully located on the Wharf at Oundle.

Odd Job 30th June 2020 20:58

I do and have suffered from G.O.R.D. since in my 20's, and I'm on regular tablets for it, I have to watch what I eat and drink, but I can get away with a few beers normally. What surprised me was the speed and intensity of the heart burn from just two small bottles of non alcoholic beverages!
I just wondered if anyone else had had a similar experience from no alcoholic beer?
Incidentally, Blanford fly? not one I've heard of, what part of the country serves that?
( Obviously at the moment because of Covid, no pubs are open, but when they do... ) :}