The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   I Struggled (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=316454)

planenut 18th November 2021 21:07

I Struggled

I was trying to lay some vinyl sheet in a bathroom today, you know, loo, pedestal, pipes, and I was finding it so darned difficult. Tonight I watched a programme of a spinal operation, and a heart operation, at Addenbrookes and Royal Papworth, such highly skilled surgeons and staff with lives in their hands.

I'll have another go at the vinyl on Saturday.

Arctic 18th November 2021 22:19

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by planenut (Post 2908492)
I was trying to lay some vinyl sheet in a bathroom today, you know, loo, pedestal, pipes, and I was finding it so darned difficult. Tonight I watched a programme of a spinal operation, and a heart operation, at Addenbrookes and Royal Papworth, such highly skilled surgeons and staff with lives in their hands.

Cut off the water to the toilet system, drain it, then remove the toilet, and the pedestal, you only then have the pipes to go round which is easier, also the vinyl will be under the toilet and the pedestal thus not creating a gap round the items which water and urine can get under when you miss the toilet :D or make a mess when washing your hands.

It the same for all flooring always best to go under items, the same goes in kitchens under the units not up to them.

skellum 19th November 2021 07:05

Yup.
I'm in the middle of fitting a bathroom. Everything is coming out. New floor goes down then fittings go back in.
It's waterproof laminate, so reduce the number of cuts and possible leak points.

ps- only possible downside on going under the kitchen units is when you finish the job and stand back to admire it, only to hear the wife say, "I don't think I like this flooring after all, would it be hard to change . . ."

How do I know?

planenut 19th November 2021 08:20

Quote:

Tonight I watched a programme of a spinal operation, and a heart operation, at Addenbrookes and Royal Papworth, such highly skilled surgeons and staff with lives in their hands.
These surgeons were working next to the spinal chord with a millimetre to spare, me? I can just put more sealant in.

YHT 19th November 2021 08:34

Makes me weary just reading about putting in new bathrooms! Good luck.

Arctic 19th November 2021 08:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by skellum (Post 2908513)
Yup.
I'm in the middle of fitting a bathroom. Everything is coming out. New floor goes down then fittings go back in.
It's waterproof laminate, so reduce the number of cuts and possible leak points.

Quote:

ps- only possible downside on going under the kitchen units is when you finish the job and stand back to admire it, only to hear the wife say, "I don't think I like this flooring after all, would it be hard to change . . ."

How do I know?

Change the wife :D

stevestrat 19th November 2021 10:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by skellum (Post 2908513)

How do I know?

Been there. Not with flooring but with the walls. Redecorated the bathroom including several coats of emulsion in a colour my wife chose on the non tiled walls. When my wife came home, I stood proudly while she looked at my work, "I don't like the colour, its too dark" :rant: Took God knows how many coats of a lighter colour to cover it.

Arctic 19th November 2021 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevestrat (Post 2908538)
Been there. Not with flooring but with the walls. Redecorated the bathroom including several coats of emulsion in a colour my wife chose on the non tiled walls.
Quote:

When my wife came home, I stood proudly while she looked at my work, "I don't like the colour, its too dark" :rant: Took God knows how many coats of a lighter colour to cover it.

Steve got to be a lesson lesson learned from the above, hand the paint and brush to your good lady, or tile all the walls ;)

macafee2 19th November 2021 14:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by planenut (Post 2908492)

blast missed that but wow yes medical advancements are something else. Both skill and knowledge put me to shame.

macafee2

WillyHeckaslike 19th November 2021 16:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arctic (Post 2908493)
Thus not creating a gap round the items which water and urine can get under when you miss the toilet. :D

Maybe a sign might help, the aide-memoire that some pubs hung in the mens bogs back in the day:

:smilie_re: We aim to please. You aim too, please.