The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What I did with my Rover 75/MG ZT today? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=172123)

tourer82 12th June 2016 18:10

What I did with my Rover 75/MG ZT today?

Fitted new lower engine mount. (Chinese version from DMGRS that was nice and cheap.) Hoping it works out alright. Wish every job was that simple!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

steveo 12th June 2016 18:15

Fobs

Hi all
Fitted face lift bcu for key fob activation of boot and programmed some more keys to car
Steve

sworks 12th June 2016 18:39

75 parked up for a few days and having a rest whilst the coupe is used. Fitted some bonnet stripes to the Paceman too

ZedTeeT 12th June 2016 20:26

Thanks to the rain this morning I only managed to fit my replacement rear light cluster and then put some new bulbs in the interior lights, as they had become really feeble??? Better now! :D Not a lot done, but it's a couple more bits ticked off my woefully long list :(

roverbarmy 13th June 2016 13:36

I'm just watching the rain cascade down in beads, over the highly polished paintwork. The joys of an Auto Glym user! :D

ratchet 13th June 2016 16:33

Swore at it.......... yet again !.

It's thrown it's auxiliary belt, luckily I was only 2 miles from home :mad:. I heard a swishing noise, thought what the ........ is that, and then spotted the belt bouncing down the road in my rear view mirror. It was on a 60mph stretch of road, so retrieving the belt for a csi investigation is out of the question.

The belt is about 50 weeks old, I fitted a new one when my water pump gave up the ghost this time last year. So it's out with the whisky, and I'll start investigating why it happened tomorrow :flog2:

hobgoblin 13th June 2016 20:13

Repaird my new to me CDTi,s stereo the last owner told me was unrepairable:D

stevie04 15th June 2016 20:57

First month of owning 2004 cdti Contemporary SE Tourer:
New steering rack (Glasgow Power Steering).
Tracking checked ok.
Brake pipes front and rear.
Front wishbone rear bushes (DMGRS).
Rear trailing arm bushes.
Oil & filter.
Fuel, air and pollen filter.
Crankcase breather filter.
Thermostat (DMGRS)
Top & bottom engine mounts (DMGRS).
Cleaned EGR.
Cleaned plenum drain.
Fixed loose door cards & replaced door handles mising chrome bezel!
Fixed load space cover - jammed in position.
Fixed cruise control - both switches at pedals.
Polished headlamps.
To do list:
Drop links ordered.
Maybe shocks n springs.
Waiting on radio code.
Paint chips.
Underseal.
Argh where does it end :}
Think I will just drive it now.

And then the windscreen cracks

Beena wild 16th June 2016 08:50

Replaced the leaking hoses from metal rail pipe to oil cooler last night on the ZT in the glorious sunshine.

Lashing rain this morning in Dublin so dropped swmbo to work. Temp normal and so was the car :getmecoat:

Mike Noc 16th June 2016 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratchet (Post 2309900)
Swore at it.......... yet again !.

It's thrown it's auxiliary belt, luckily I was only 2 miles from home :mad:. I heard a swishing noise, thought what the ........ is that, and then spotted the belt bouncing down the road in my rear view mirror. It was on a 60mph stretch of road, so retrieving the belt for a csi investigation is out of the question.

The belt is about 50 weeks old, I fitted a new one when my water pump gave up the ghost this time last year. So it's out with the whisky, and I'll start investigating why it happened tomorrow :flog2:

Any update? Interested to hear if it was just the belt or a pulley gone out of alignment.

If it was the belt what make and where did you get it?