The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Urgent help needed ? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=291605)

Roadrunner66 4th January 2019 17:32

Urgent help needed ?

Just pulled in to Tescos car park in yiewsley now will not go into gear (manual) any ideas as I'm now stuck cheers
Paul

Number 6 4th January 2019 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadrunner66 (Post 2699824)
Just pulled in to Tescos car park in yiewsley now will not go into gear (manual) any ideas as I'm now stuck cheers
Paul

Bit more info would help,

Have you pressure on the clutch pedal;

Is the clutch pedal stuck down,

Will it go into gear without the engine running.

Roadrunner66 4th January 2019 17:37

Pressure ok on clutch goes into gear just will not move

marinabrian 4th January 2019 17:48

Check the short left hand driveshaft is engaged in the gearbox, the alternative is not one that can be checked in a car park :)

Brian :D

Roadrunner66 4th January 2019 19:05

Just picked up by AA clutch is knackered any ideas ?

Number 6 4th January 2019 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2699833)
Check the short left hand driveshaft is engaged in the gearbox, the alternative is not one that can be checked in a car park :)

Brian :D

I had the exact same thing on a v6 turning the car around lost all drive ..and sure enough the drive shaft had popped out,knocked it back in with a length of wood and all OK.

COLVERT 4th January 2019 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadrunner66 (Post 2699868)
Just picked up by AA clutch is knackered any ideas ?

The AA opinion AFTER they had checked the drive shafts ?????

If the drive shafts are OK then the centre will have torn out of the clutch driven plate most likely.

This means gearbox off and new driven plate if all the other parts are not damaged.

Very wise to fit a new slave cylinder if you decide to have the clutch done.

I hope the rest of the new year gets better for you,.

Les4048 4th January 2019 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLVERT (Post 2699880)
The AA opinion AFTER they had checked the drive shafts ?????

If the drive shafts are OK then the centre will have torn out of the clutch driven plate most likely.

This means gearbox off and new driven plate if all the other parts are not damaged.

Very wise to fit a new slave cylinder if you decide to have the clutch done.

I hope the rest of the new year gets better for you,.

My thoughts too

Number 6 4th January 2019 20:02

If the AA say the clutch is Knackered Then I would most certainly check that the N/S drive shaft is located properly into the gear Box.

More so if you did not hear any strange noises before or after the problem arose.:shrug:

Roadrunner66 4th January 2019 20:08

No different noises just it started to rev high before moving off then when parked up no forward or reverse .