The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Awful cramps in my hands. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=288024)

OddSox 11th September 2018 17:51

Awful cramps in my hands.

Hey fellas..:)

I'm currently restoring an old motorbike.!

When ever i try to undo a stubborn bolt or nut ....When im trying to clean the wheel spokes...Etc...

I'm getting terrible cramps in my hand's and fingers..!

Any solution?..

I can't type properly even on this keyboard i'm hampered.

Its really hard.

I'm 53..

:)

SCP440 11th September 2018 19:15

Its a form of RSI apparently , I had it a couple of years ago. After a couple of weeks I managed to get an appointment with a Physio. His answer was so easy, squashing a squash ball in my hand for 5 to 10 mins twice a day. After a week I had no more problems.

Ennine 13th September 2018 21:37

My advice would be to get it checked out. As already stated it could be RSI. however it needs checking. I have irrepairable tissue damage in both wrists. My grip is fine but twisting is a nightmare. If I twist my wrists whillst gripping I would most likely pass out when I released it from the pain

Darcydog 14th September 2018 17:38

Bu99er your hands!!!!

What is the Motorbike!!!:D:getmecoat:

COLVERT 14th September 2018 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCP440 (Post 2668449)
Its a form of RSI apparently , I had it a couple of years ago. After a couple of weeks I managed to get an appointment with a Physio. His answer was so easy, squashing a squash ball in my hand for 5 to 10 mins twice a day. After a week I had no more problems.

What is RSI please and are you young or old ?

I'm old and get those cramps in my hands or feet at times.

I'm 81.

Ennine 14th September 2018 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLVERT (Post 2669234)
What is RSI please and are you young or old ?

I'm old and get those cramps in my hands or feet at times.

Repetative Strain Injury

Bogbrush82 14th September 2018 22:55

Carpel Tunnel Syndrome maybe?

stevestrat 15th September 2018 08:19

I occasionally get something like trigger finger in my left hand. I say like trigger finger as with trigger finger the finger "locks" bent but with me they "lock" straight. Usually either the thumb or middle finger, when they lock they lock, have to use my other hand to move and free them.

Ennine 15th September 2018 08:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevestrat (Post 2669292)
I occasionally get something like trigger finger in my left hand. I say like trigger finger as with trigger finger the finger "locks" bent but with me they "lock" straight. Usually either the thumb or middle finger, when they lock they lock, have to use my other hand to move and free them.

I'm not making light of it at all but having a middle finger locked straight could get one in a whole heap of trouble.

stevestrat 15th September 2018 10:58

The middle finger locks straight but angled towards the palm from the knuckle rather than straight out.