The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   What sort of service should I have? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=280949)

Tenesmus 21st March 2018 16:34

What sort of service should I have?

I bought it in Feb 2015 with 88k, only stamps for history, and had it serviced including belts and water pump.

July 2015 I had the ATF done at 91k.

Feb 2016 I replaced the air filter as the wheel arch door had fallen off and the wheel was throwing mud at it

April 2016 I had an oil and oil filter service at 95,700.

March 2017 oil and oil filter service at roughly 101k.

Here we are at 110k. What now? I have no evidence of plug or fuel filter replacement, except for a dimly remembered conversation with a mechanic who reckoned the easy to get at plugs had been replaced before I owned it, but not the difficult ones. Note the mileage will decrease now we've got another car for the daily commute.

T-Cut 21st March 2018 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenesmus (Post 2609627)
I bought it in Feb 2015 with 88k, only stamps for history and had it serviced including belts and water pump.

The timing belt renewal schedule is every six years or 90K miles, so you've got that covered for a while. All the servicing stuff is covered in the MGR schedule below:
https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/ff...6q0x2jlf6g.jpg
https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/e8...kkn3i1v56g.jpg

For a typical 15K miles per year car, the main points are:
Annual oil/filter change.
Pollen filter every two years
Engine air filter every two years.
Spark plugs every four years.
New brake fluid every two years.
Renew OAT coolant every four years (non-OAT as specified by manufacturer).
Replace manual transmission oil every seven years.
Replace auto transmission fluid every four years.

Where yours stands in all this is unknown, so do the essentials (oil/filter) and assess the rest. It's probably best to assume the worst if you intend servicing to schedule.

TC

Tenesmus 21st March 2018 22:35

That's very useful, thanks. Why isn't the fuel filter mentioned?

T-Cut 21st March 2018 23:40

There's no service schedule required for the petrol filter, it's a lifetime fit.
However, you should be aware of the Fuel Filter Syndrome (FFS) that affects later (post 2001) models. Use search term 'FFS' if you don't know what I mean.

TC

hrissim 21st March 2018 23:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Cut (Post 2609840)
There's no service schedule required for the petrol filter, it's a lifetime fit.
However, you should be aware of the Fuel Filter Syndrome (FFS) that affects later (post 2001) models. Use search term 'FFS' if you don't know what I mean.

TC

I`m not agree definitely for petrol V6 engines. There are two kind of fuel filter sets. Early version /with metal filter/ and the late one /with paper filter/.
If not replaced will fuel pump failure for shure. Personal experience - I changed fuel set in both my 75`s. Successful.
They /1999 and 2001/ ware originally with the metal filter. Now they are with the paper one. Easy to find spare filter.
Will advice if necessary.

Tenesmus 22nd March 2018 06:45

Yes, I've had FFS, the only time the car has let me down.

SD1too 22nd March 2018 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrissim (Post 2609844)
If not replaced will fuel pump failure for sure.

Petrol pump failure is extremely uncommon, as is replacing the fuel filter. Your experience is unusual. Maybe you were unlucky or maybe there was another reason for the pump to fail. To say that the filter must be replaced otherwise the pump will fail is just scaremongering, sorry. :cool:

Simon

hrissim 22nd March 2018 18:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD1too (Post 2609992)
Petrol pump failure is extremely uncommon, as is replacing the fuel filter. Your experience is unusual. Maybe you were unlucky or maybe there was another reason for the pump to fail. To say that the filter must be replaced otherwise the pump will fail is just scaremongering, sorry. :cool:

Simon

No sorry here - this is your opinion...
We are living in a free World :}

Everyone have got his own head to decide what to do with his own property :shrug:

bl52krz 22nd March 2018 22:57

Fuel filters are there for a reason........ to filter the fuel, be it Petrol or Diesel. This removes anything that could be detrimental to the running of the engine, including anything that was growing in the fuel tanks at the garages where you get your fuel from. They must obviously be there for a reason, therefore they should be drained/ changed at intervals that you yourself think is appropriate if there is no set service time, otherwise, what is the reason they are there?