The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Regional Events Forum: Scotland (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   What do you, the Scottish members, want as events? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=155542)

FrazzleTC 14th August 2013 07:16

What do you, the Scottish members, want as events?

Glenn, Graham, Chris, and myself are all new to the RS job, and, we all agree that the best we that we can do more for the Scottish members is to ask them to see what they want.
We're hoping to try to get the club into more 'classic' car shows, whenever we can, and hopefully have a few regular meets.
What sort of events would you like us to look into organising, and we'll then look into the options, and hopefully, give you what you want!

We look forward to hearing your feedback! :)

FLYER 14th August 2013 07:43

I see this as a critical time for the scottish scene.

Frankly we dont have the numbers that the english have and we are quite widespread.

The calander has been quite full this year and we still have Granton on spey and East Fortune to come.

There is a danger of overkill if we aint careful and that could have the opposite effect to what we want.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Astraeus 14th August 2013 15:27

Perth

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYER (Post 1388464)
I see this as a critical time for the scottish scene.

Frankly we dont have the numbers that the english have and we are quite widespread.

The calander has been quite full this year and we still have Granton on spey and East Fortune to come.

There is a danger of overkill if we aint careful and that could have the opposite effect to what we want.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Hi

Perth T4 and social meet will be running again in 2014 but will be a bit later to avoid the ******* cold we endured this year. Date will be announced in January. We really need to be undercover to do the T4 sessions. Much easier.
We could of course run this every second year if there is another suitable venue? Thoughts?

Chris

marinabrian 14th August 2013 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astraeus (Post 1388746)
Hi

Perth T4 and social meet will be running again in 2014 but will be a bit later to avoid the ******* cold we endured this year. Date will be announced in January. We really need to be undercover to do the T4 sessions. Much easier.
We could of course run this every second year if there is another suitable venue? Thoughts?

Chris

Remember to give me plenty of notice for trips up to Perth Chris, an enjoyable if not tiring time was had by those involved in the last meet.
Oh and the SkyLodge was toasty and warm, especially after all of that beer :drool4:
Brian :cool:

Astraeus 14th August 2013 16:12

Date will be set early January

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 1388765)
Remember to give me plenty of notice for trips up to Perth Chris, an enjoyable if not tiring time was had by those involved in the last meet.
Oh and the SkyLodge was toasty and warm, especially after all of that beer :drool4:
Brian :cool:

Hi
Date to be set early January. Will check with both you and Gary before finalised. We need to wait until Scottish Aero Club dates set.
Chris
By the way...what best spark plugs and gaps for 2.0V6?

Chris

Yella Fella 14th August 2013 19:05

My thoughts are that Scotland should have one main event in each area and organised by the RS in that area i.e.

North (T4 event - Chris)
South (Anglo Meet - Fraser)
East (East Fortune - Graham)
West (Loch Lomond Shores - Glenn)
Most of these events continues the good work that our founder RS (Derek) put in. :)

As a club, we don't really do anything that promotes the club or the marque at shows like Scone, Glamis, Borders etc. I'm sure we will pick up a few new members at these events so I think we should attend at least a couple of shows as a group and have our own stand. To do this though, we need to be organised and make contact with show organisers early.

I agree with George, a few events throughout the year, but quality events.

The Rotrex Tam Leek meets at The Hawes Inn every month serves well as a regular meet so if people cant make any events, they know they can catch up at the end of each month if they come along to The Hawes Inn.

So, the way I see it,
1. One main event in each area.
2. A main show or two.
3. Some smaller events or meets.

Just my view. As Fraser said, give us you thoughts.

Alan_G 14th August 2013 19:56

I think 4 main events are a good idea. The problem I have is my work, which means I cannot attend all events as I work shifts and weekends. I know we don't want to do too much but at the same time, I feel like I am missing out sometimes and when your talking 3 or so months between events it can be frustrating. I know there is the Hawes meet, but I have only been once as every other time I am working! I know its just me being greedy, but I do enjoy the meets. Knowing that next year I wont be at SARR is already annoying, I definitely want to make as many meets as possible!

FLYER 14th August 2013 22:17

I have to say i enjoyed the T4 meet even though it was bitterly cold over the 2 days , likewise i loved the ANGLO/SCOTTISH meet [as i always do].

The fish and chips night at LARGS was also a great mini meet.

For whatever reason [i dont know] i can never get enthused about the SARR.
I just see it as too formal .

The Loch lomond meet has frankly shaded off of late [in fact only myself and GRAHAM1961 attend the last one .

Tim Burgess has suggested a winter festival thing in Helensburgh which could replace LOCH LOMOND maybe :shrug:.

Another day out that is most pleasing is the MOFFAT vintage meet.

attracting new members has been mentioned and i feel it,s a must to attract new blood in some way .

keithybhoy 17th August 2013 13:54

Im pretty much like allan. My work gets in the way of the hawes meet as iv only managed to get there 3 times in the last 3 years. By the time i get there from glasgow the foods done and most are thinking about leavin 30min later lol.
I think each region should look to gain as many members as we can so that a monthly meet in each area could be established through time. I still have the flyers in my glove(with sandwich bags incase it rains) so if im out in the zt at the weekends i try to flyer as many cars as i can.
There is plenty of things we can do to premote the club for example the scottish mini owners club have held a mini display at glasgows new transport museum which attacts the public as they enter the museum. Ud be surprised by how many 75s are in the carpark there any given weekend.
As a club do we do enough for the members to keep them here once they join so that its not just a place to goto when something brakes on our cars.

I think the most important thing tho is to attract new blood and grow each region. With the amount of 75s and ZTs on the roads in Scotland we have a crackin chance if we are pro active about it :} :}

Graham1961 18th August 2013 21:34

All very valid points above.

I do feel we can promote our club more by orginising club stands at classic car shows, the Moffat show is a very good example and Thirlstane Castle are large events.