The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Double Din Navigation Systems (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   12 volt supply for anscillaries. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=254504)

trimani 6th October 2016 18:31

12 volt supply for anscillaries.

Hi guys

I have a number of extra units to use with my Navall 'Star'.

This means I have to find 3 or 4 extra 12v supplies.

It appears they will have to come from the ISO connector lead that plugs into 'Star'

There are two 12v sources, one Yellow non ign feed, and one Red ign fed.

How would you advise feeding these extras. Should I take them all from the Yellow 12v, or should I split them between the yellow & Red.

I can't see that there is any other way other than tap into these two 12v feeds.

Any advice welcome, thank you.

trimani (ALF)

coolcat 6th October 2016 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by trimani (Post 2376183)
Hi guys

I have a number of extra units to use with my Navall 'Star'.

This means I have to find 3 or 4 extra 12v supplies.

It appears they will have to come from the ISO connector lead that plugs into 'Star'

There are two 12v sources, one Yellow non ign feed, and one Red ign fed.

How would you advise feeding these extras. Should I take them all from the Yellow 12v, or should I split them between the yellow & Red.

I can't see that there is any other way other than tap into these two 12v feeds.

Any advice welcome, thank you.

trimani (ALF)

What extras are you 'plumbing in' Alf?:}

Jakg 6th October 2016 19:38

Don't wire them into the ignition live - use a relay if you need to do this.

Search for "BCU Pulse" to find out why.

trimani 6th October 2016 21:54

Hi Sir Jeff

Rear View Camera, Front Camera, 2 x TV Aerial, Dab Aerial.

This is all on paper at moment Sir Jeff. 'Star' is not in car !

I have Ran 'Star' up on bench, using the extra red as you suggested :D and everything seems to be OK. Have managed to do some basic settings at same time, using 0126, and 9999 codes. :}

At the moment I have got the ISO Adaptor Lead (Grey Car Loom plug to Rear Socket on 'Star) on the table, wondering which ones, and how to splice in the extras.

I had the idea of splicing in some 'Extra Long' leads from the ISO Lead so that I can make an extra connection to the other leads when I put it in the car. Remember, my fingers don't work to good, and the more length of cable I've got. the easier it will be.

This probably sounds a long , daft, way of doing things, but those with bad arthritis will know what I mean.

Any comments or other suggestions for me :shrug:

I have got an ISO removal tool, and some ISO Pins and Sockets, so I can lengthen any cables in the ISO lead, for example , the Yellow & Red 12v supplies.

trimani (ALF)

coolcat 7th October 2016 04:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by trimani (Post 2376307)
Hi Sir Jeff

Rear View Camera, Front Camera, 2 x TV Aerial, Dab Aerial.

This is all on paper at moment Sir Jeff. 'Star' is not in car !

I have Ran 'Star' up on bench, using the extra red as you suggested :D and everything seems to be OK. Have managed to do some basic settings at same time, using 0126, and 9999 codes. :}

At the moment I have got the ISO Adaptor Lead (Grey Car Loom plug to Rear Socket on 'Star) on the table, wondering which ones, and how to splice in the extras.

I had the idea of splicing in some 'Extra Long' leads from the ISO Lead so that I can make an extra connection to the other leads when I put it in the car. Remember, my fingers don't work to good, and the more length of cable I've got. the easier it will be.

This probably sounds a long , daft, way of doing things, but those with bad arthritis will know what I mean.

Any comments or other suggestions for me :shrug:

I have got an ISO removal tool, and some ISO Pins and Sockets, so I can lengthen any cables in the ISO lead, for example , the Yellow & Red 12v supplies.

trimani (ALF)

Hi Alf,

The only thing you have there which requires a 12 volt feed are the two active TV aerials.
The front camera is powered directly from the unit.
The dab aerial should be passive and not require power.
The reversing camera takes its power from the green/brown reversing wire at the rear of the car.

You should not encounter any problems splicing the aerial power into the ignition live of the head units ISO loom as they are very low power consumption .
I have wired countless many of them in without upsetting the BCU, although take heed of what has been mentioned by Jack If using something that draws more juice that could cause problems for the BCU .

trimani 7th October 2016 07:56

Thanks Sir Jeff & Jacg

That makes it seem easier than I thought.

I worry to much :eek:

One other question: Where about do you fit the new style front camera. :}
Yes, I do know it goes on front windscreen :getmecoat: but it's a very strange shape (looks more like a mouse with an eye). Do you just fit flat on sceen and move the 'Eye' up as far as it will go :shrug:

trimani (ALF)

coolcat 7th October 2016 08:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by trimani (Post 2376388)
Thanks Sir Jeff & Jacg

That makes it seem easier than I thought.

I worry to much :eek:

One other question: Where about do you fit the new style front camera. :}
Yes, I do know it goes on front windscreen :getmecoat: but it's a very strange shape (looks more like a mouse with an eye). Do you just fit flat on sceen and move the 'Eye' up as far as it will go :shrug:

trimani (ALF)

Picture coming Alf.....just nipping out to the motor;)

coolcat 7th October 2016 08:28

Here you go Alf:}

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/u...psnktvumli.jpg

trimani 7th October 2016 10:09

Hi Sir Jeff

Gotcha :}:duh:;):bowdown:

trimani (ALF)