The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   entering into my final year of ownership (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=290939)

suffolk boy 12th December 2018 11:33

entering into my final year of ownership

as above this coming july i intend to get another car.keeping the 75 is not a option.but i am in a mental muddle as what to do.this is normal for me b.t.w.
options are strip out all the goodies i have added to it such as the bmw head unit bmw hybrid tuner etc (i dont think there is now much call for this stuff). drivers cup holder walnut wheel plus other bits then trade it in.
try and sell it as is.but its a diesel with over 100k on the clock.
but the good bit is unlike several others i have looked at is does not have terminal sill rot.
strip completely for parts then weigh it in.this is unlikely as the market is flooded with bits and i will end up with all the stuff no one wants.
any honest advice welcome.

andymc 12th December 2018 11:42

There's nothing to worry about a diesel with over 100k on the clock. The engine will probably outlast the rest of the car.
Is your reason for selling because you are facing/have faced too many repairs, or is it just time for a change?

trikey 12th December 2018 11:42

I would try and sell it as it is on here, 100k is still low miles for the diesel.

suffolk boy 12th December 2018 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by andymc (Post 2693865)
There's nothing to worry about a diesel with over 100k on the clock. The engine will probably outlast the rest of the car.
Is your reason for selling because you are facing/have faced too many repairs, or is it just time for a change?

its all good atm as i have kept on top of it.but i need to move on now and i can only keep one car.i dont want give it away but may well end up doing so.well near enough.just trying think whats for the best.

Avulon 12th December 2018 11:46

I'd go for option 1 - if you have the original parts to refit then remove all the upgrade OEM parts and sell separately before trading in or selling - they won't make a big difference to sale price (and none to trade-in) (although left on they may make selling privately easier and quicker).

suffolk boy 12th December 2018 11:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avulon (Post 2693870)
I'd go for option 1 - if you have the original parts to refit then remove all the upgrade OEM parts and sell separately before trading in or selling - they won't make a big difference to sale price (and none to trade-in) (although left on they may make selling privately easier and quicker).

still have all the oem bits.apart from a tv module but i have a bypass lead for that.will try and sell on here as it is .if not i will take off all the goodies then trade it in.

coab 12th December 2018 12:37

7 months is a long time! I wouldn’t even think about it as anything can happen.
Wait until June.:xmas-smiley-008:

suffolk boy 12th December 2018 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by coab (Post 2693885)
7 months is a long time! I wouldn’t even think about it as anything can happen.
Wait until June.:xmas-smiley-008:

you are quite correct but i like to think things over .it will soon come round and now i have the a better idea of what to do which was the idea of my post.not to tell me how long away it is as i no that.thank you

Robson Rover Repair 12th December 2018 13:53

Finding a Irish car with 100k on it is a godsend now, it's just warmed up.

suffolk boy 12th December 2018 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin_NI (Post 2693909)
Finding a Irish car with 100k on it is a godsend now, it's just warmed up.

very true but i am at a age where some jobs are now too much.i have let my head rule my heart.something petrol powered and a lot smaller is the the idea.
then i have to clear one and a half shed fulls of bits:icon_eek: