The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Members Own Spares For Sale (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Electric Mirrors and switch for sale **SOLD** (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=309)

Raistlin 5th November 2006 14:16

Electric Mirrors and switch for sale **SOLD**

Port and Starboard electric mirrors up for grabs. Also, the window / mirror switch pack.

Any use to anybody?

Kandyman 5th November 2006 14:20

What type of mirrors ?

Bullet shape or the newer ones and what color are mirror backs also are there powerfold ?

:)

Raistlin 5th November 2006 14:40

2001 car

Bullet type - no backs - No powerfold

They are my originals which will be available following the installation of the new powerfold ones

Simon W 5th November 2006 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by raistlin295 (Post 2008)
2001 car

Bullet type - no backs - No powerfold

They are my originals which will be available following the installation of the new powerfold ones

Paul - how are you getting on with the Powerfolds? Are they worth the expense d'you think? I was toying with the idea of getting some but I don't know what they cost or how easy they are to fit.

Raistlin 5th November 2006 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon W (Post 2031)
Paul - how are you getting on with the Powerfolds? Are they worth the expense d'you think? I was toying with the idea of getting some but I don't know what they cost or how easy they are to fit.

Simon

The powerfolds are being fitted with the help of Keith next weekend.

Electrically, they are simple, even if you don't already have the loom fitted.

The removal of trim panaels is what really scares me as I seem to be very ham-fisted in this sort of work.

Basically, it's 2 wires to be taken from the passenger door mirror to the driver door, paralleled off and thence to the driver door mirror and the switch module.

I got mine from Best of British for less than £150 IIRC - and that was brand new including the switch module.

In terms of practicality, they will give me the difference between 10mm and approx 60mm per side when I'm driving into and out of my garage and so are well worth it.

Simon W 5th November 2006 17:17

Thanks for the info Paul. Does the £150 include painted covers? I think I have the old type of mirror so the covers on those probably wouldn't fit the powerfolds (?)

Raistlin 5th November 2006 18:01

Simon

Mine are the old type (bullet) - the powerfold ones are a direct swap.

They do not come with covers

Simon W 5th November 2006 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by raistlin295 (Post 2187)
Simon

Mine are the old type (bullet) - the powerfold ones are a direct swap.

They do not come with covers

Ah! - now I'm getting really tempted. What switch module do they use? (My mirror switch controls the windows as well).

Like you though, I don't fancy trying to unhitch the door trims. Most cars (e.g. Volvo) have all manner of hidden fixing clips and I've succeeded in messing up the trims before!

mavrik2k6 7th November 2006 10:31

door panel removal

Hi guys, i see this a lot on the forums, i can however help you out some way here , if you can give me a day or two ,and someone to post the pics to, i can literaly rip one of the door trims off,as i dont need to save it,them make a note of all the clips that have come off ,broke or otherwise, i have in the past got a few of these off ,but i'm sure with some care,they woudlnt be too much grief !!
my idea to help you people on here is to take pics of the side that you cant see.

Raistlin 7th November 2006 11:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by mavrik2k6 (Post 3073)
Hi guys, i see this a lot on the forums, i can however help you out some way here , if you can give me a day or two ,and someone to post the pics to, i can literaly rip one of the door trims off,as i dont need to save it,them make a note of all the clips that have come off ,broke or otherwise, i have in the past got a few of these off ,but i'm sure with some care,they woudlnt be too much grief !!
my idea to help you people on here is to take pics of the side that you cant see.

Yes please - all information would be of help - certainly to a mechanical numpty like me