The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Diesel Price (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=328017)

bl52krz 19th May 2024 20:43

Diesel Price

Filled up at Asda yesterday after coming back from Chester. While away, diesel price seen on the A41 at £1.399. An unknown company it was. Price at Asda was £1.477 a litre. Is there a price war starting out?

johnnyb44 19th May 2024 23:23

Ahhh, I'm hazarding a guess you drove past the Essar garage just outside Whitchurch.
There always cheap on their fuel by a long mile and often the cars are queuing to get in.
I filled up there on Thursday @£1.39 for diesel.
Another 75 (burgundy colour) went past to which we exchanged waves.
I don't understand how petrol stations can sell diesel for £1.52 in Oswestry whilst a few miles down the road it can be sold for £1.39.
There's some serious profiteering going on amongst them

Arctic 20th May 2024 01:52

[QUOTE]
Quote:

Originally Posted by bl52krz (Post 2996385)
Filled up at Asda yesterday after coming back from Chester. While away, diesel price seen on the A41 at £1.399. An unknown company it was. Price at Asda was £1.477 a litre. Is there a price war starting out?

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyb44 (Post 2996392)
Ahhh, I'm hazarding a guess you drove past the Essar garage just outside Whitchurch.
There always cheap on their fuel by a long mile and often the cars are queuing to get in.
I don't understand how petrol stations can sell diesel for £1.52 in Oswestry whilst a few miles down the road it can be sold for £1.39.
There's some serious profiteering going on amongst them[/QUOTE

]

BP by me is now £1.55p last week it was £1.59 they taking the micky out of the public and it's being allowed i have boycotted BP & Esso since the pandemic started, i can get my diesel a mile from my home for £1.49 still to high i would say.

It should be made law that all prices must be the same at any garage no matter what the price is, and if barrel of oil drops it must be passed onto the public at once not weeks later, but having said that the GOV want the prices high so we all drop our diesel cars of at the scrap yards.

Brunty 20th May 2024 07:04

1.539 a litre at Tesco Newtown yet only 1.41 at Griffiths garage in leintwardine. Yes the big boys are ripping us off!

VVC-Geeza 20th May 2024 09:33

The biggest villain is the government with their duty take.Always has been.

Costa Fortuna 20th May 2024 16:55

It's a commodity you can't get elsewhere eg Amazon, ebay, mate down the pub - this is why it is taxed so heavily.

Once upon a time the supermarkets used to steady the ship with price wars but since covid they have just joined in the racketeering.

tourer 21st May 2024 09:26

I walked past my local filling station last night and noted the prices. Then checked my Costco app where diesel was 9p per litre cheaper and petrol 5p per litre cheaper.

johnnyb44 21st May 2024 17:37

I may sound a little melodramatic but since I filled my car up with the cheap diesel I've noticed it sounds very agricultural.
It's that bad I dropped some redex into it this morning and it now sounds more refined again.
Talking to a delivery driver today who lives in the area of the cheap fuel garage,he said he's avoids going there because it also makes his car sound like a tractor too.

bl52krz 21st May 2024 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyb44 (Post 2996392)
There's some serious profiteering going on amongst them

Yes John, that’s the one, and yes, Saturday morning they were queuing up. Although it is a relatively unknown name, they probably fill up at a Bp/Esso tanking station. There is no real difference in any name, only the price.

bl52krz 21st May 2024 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyb44 (Post 2996540)
I may sound a little melodramatic but since I filled my car up with the cheap diesel I've noticed it sounds very agricultural.
It's that bad I dropped some redex into it this morning and it now sounds more refined again.
Talking to a delivery driver today who lives in the area of the cheap fuel garage,he said he's avoids going there because it also makes his car sound like a tractor too.

wonder if it is reclaimed diesel? Don’t quote me on this but when there is a ‘cross-over’ or the garage gets a delivery into the wrong tank, I.e. when a delivery of diesel is miss loaded into a petrol tank at the garage, it is then returned to the supplier who then returns it for, let’s say unscrambling, separating the diesel from the petrol. Is this then reallocated.?