The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Members Cars For-Sale (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   MG ZT190+ 2.5V6 For Sale (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=35099)

Lonely 21st March 2009 13:58

MG ZT190+ 2.5V6 For Sale

I am the proud owner of a 2004 (04 plate) MG ZT 190+ 2.5V6. Unfortunately this stunning vehicle needs a new home.

It has been owned by me (non smoker) from new and has been obsessively maintained. The car is X Power grey and has covered a genuine 23,300 miles (at the time of writing). It has the benefit of numerous factory fitted options.
·Electric tilt/slide sunroof
·Upgraded Halogen headlamps with clear lenses
·Upgraded half leather seats with plain black fabric (no coloured pattern as on standard seats)
·Auto wipers
·Auto dimming mirror
·Reversing/parking sensors
·Full size alloy spare wheel
·Full set of genuine MG floor mats
·6 CD multi changer (in boot, not glove box).
·Proper boot spoiler (not a small lip on the lid)

The car is in immaculate condition and has a full service history/repair invoices. There are no parking dents, scrapes or scratches. There is one very minor stone chip on the R/O/S door and it can only be seen when the car is totally clean – it would probably polish out in the right hands! The MOT and service is booked in for 26th March and will therefore have a full 12 months ticket if sold. There will also be 12 months road tax on it. It has only covered 3,000 miles since last serviced (it only gets used as my “toy”).

The only reason for sale is my boredom – I want something different (more money than sense some people say).

I have looked through these forums and Auto Trader for a guide on prices. I promise you, this car is in showroom condition and that is why I am asking top price, but if you want a car in first class order you have to pay for it. £6,500 ono may be silly to some, but genuine enthusiasts will appreciate this beautiful car.

PM me for any further details or more photographs.

Dan1971 22nd March 2009 06:33

Well .... All I can say is good luck selling. That's more than a main ripper, oops I mean main dealer, would be asking.

To give you perspective, I paid £4K for mine, and it's got factory everything.

Can't imagine who'd pay that for it .. but .. Good luck.

Lonely 22nd March 2009 10:37

Thanks for that Dan, you're probably right but this is a lovely car for someone looking to buy. I scoured the internet and there's very few if any to match this one and most I found are either high mileage, poor colour or bog standard;)

I have a couple of options -
  • Take a big hit at the dealers when buying something else, but haggle like crazy over the purchase price:bowdown:
  • Forget about my boredom, keep the ZT and save up like mad for when it gets beyond economical repair:shrug:
Like I said in my original post - its a toy, doesn't get used every day and is probably a massive waste of my money - but when its out and driven properly:D:D:D:D:D........say no more!

tapped 22nd March 2009 12:38

Crikey!

There's a beautiful 2005 facelift 190 near me with only 29k miles also in a great colour and thats only £4.5k........

Personally I would want it to have everything on it (Sat Nav, full leather, HK system, monogram paint, xenons) be a facelift car and have done 5000 miles or less to be in with a chance of fetching that price....

Still, very best of luck and be sure to tell us if it sells and what it goes for:)

BlackMagic 22nd March 2009 17:18

Good luck with the sale - personally I reckon I have more chance of winning the lottery than you have of fetching that price for your car!

I agree an enthusiast may well be willing to pay a bit over the odds but that price I'd suggest is 2-3K over the odds!

If by chance you do manage to sell it, if you get any other interested parties, send them my way!

Good Luck!

;)

StevenWilliams 22nd March 2009 18:04

I hope you get the money you are asking for. I know you are selling a lot of car for so little money but the market has crashed and MG Rovers were crashing anyhow.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Platemaker 22nd March 2009 18:14

Not being rude and I hope you get it but I sold my ZT 180 a year ago for £4000 it had 18000m on the clock......

Lonely 23rd March 2009 10:24

Thanks very much for all the advice and info. That's enough opinions to help push me into making a decision I suppose. I knew it was a high price and maybe in some ways I was hoping I'd have to keep it.

This is the first time it's been advertised anywhere - to test the water so to speak - with people who are genuinely interested in MG's.

I know there will be stories of better cars for sale cheaper elsewhere but I hadn't managed to find them when I first posted. I was maybe hoping for someone to nudge me with an offer :confused:

Looks like I'll toss a coin..........heads it stays, tails it goes...........any thoughts?????

stocktake 23rd March 2009 13:17

Heads. :)

Be real about it, when you sell it for whatever amount what will you buy that will be such good value for money, toy or not?

Heads..... no doubt. then get yourself along to a few local and national meets and enjoy it more :D

Greeners 23rd March 2009 13:59

keep It & Drive It