The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   pear cider (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=37060)

tonygardner 24th April 2009 18:07

pear cider

tonight i will be drinking pear cider , will this count towards one of my five a day ?

Rabett_Rover 24th April 2009 18:15

Only if you eat a pear while drinking the Cider!:D

JohnDotCom 24th April 2009 18:18

How strange and a coincidence, I was having a drink in the Hotel Bar earlier with Jürgen and he was drinking the same.
Not in his daily fruit allowance count though. :D

Departed 24th April 2009 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabett_Rover (Post 320582)
Only if you eat a pear while drinking the Cider!:D

Is that true?

Oh, that's not good. I thought I'd done well by having two apples and quite a lot of hops and malted barley today. Was going for some grapes in a bit to top it up and be especially healthy.

Seems I need to think again.

Do Bannana and pineapple fritters count?

Jürgen 24th April 2009 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnDotCom (Post 320583)
How strange and a coincidence, I was having a drink in the Hotel Bar earlier with Jürgen and he was drinking the same.
Not in his daily fruit allowance count though. :D

... and I was thinking that was enough healthy fruit for the day. So am I wrong then? :D

Phil 24th April 2009 19:24

I had a bag of jelly tots earlier. They have strawberry flavour, lime flavour, blackberry flavour, lemon flavour, orange flavour. There you go. 5 a day. Jelly tots are the perfect convienience for the busy roundabout town sort of chap.:lol:

Dragrad 24th April 2009 21:35

I thought Pear based cider was called Perry?

Departed 25th April 2009 18:26

Now i think your mixing up a pear based alcaholic beverage, with a comedic teenage character with a friend called Kevin.

Dragrad 25th April 2009 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowedb (Post 321133)
Now i think your mixing up a pear based alcaholic beverage, with a comedic teenage character with a friend called Kevin.

Ahem!
"Perry is an alcoholic beverage made of fermented pear juice. It is similar to cider, in that it is made using a similar process and often has a similar alcoholic content, up to 8.5% alcohol by volume. Pear Cider is sometimes used, and is equivalent to perry.
Perry has been common for centuries in Britain, particularly the West Country and Wales; and France, especially Normandy and Anjou. As with cider, special pear cultivars are used: in the UK the most commonly used variety of perry pear is the Blakeney Red. They produce fruit that is not of eating quality, but that produces superior perry. Perry pears are higher in tannin and acid than eating or cooking pears, and are generally smaller."

;)