The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Malfunction of my 1.8T reciprocating mechanism (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=61616)

Borg Warner 31st May 2010 15:09

Malfunction of my 1.8T reciprocating mechanism

Following a recent malfunction of my 1.8T reciprocating mechanism, :( similar to the filter housing coming apart. The fault was initially diagnosed to be the fuel pump relay. However on further investigations it was suggested that the faulty appliance could be the fuel pump itself. It’s running ok now but I have a concern that at anytime it could fail again. Have other owners suffered similar incidents? If so what was it? I know it’s not the fuel filter/orange clip as this has been replaced. If it is the relay (R3 I believe in the passenger fuse/relay panel) which one is it of the three in situ as this seems an easy fix:), or elimination.:getmecoat:

TIA

T-Cut 31st May 2010 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borg Warner (Post 532731)
Following a recent malfunction of my 1.8T reciprocating mechanism

Sounds fascinating. What is it?

TC

pab 31st May 2010 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Cut (Post 532986)

TC

read this earlier and did a bit of research but...

thought you would enlighten us

drewbie 1st June 2010 08:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Cut (Post 532986)

TC

Engine?????????????

Borg Warner 1st June 2010 17:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewbie (Post 533126)
Engine?????????????

Correct:D

Serves me right for trying to be clever and amusing, (I wont give up my day job then). Sorry:o:o:o:o

Anyway help! Whilst sitting in traffic a few days ago the engine cut out on me and wouldn't start again:mad:. Got towed to a local garage who initially diagnosed a faulty fuel pump relay, at which point it promptly started again:confused:. Thoughts of the garage are that it could be the fuel pump, (but would this give the same diagnostic readings as the relay?) and/or I had simply run out of fuel. But on filling it up only put it 50ltrs or so in. It's now running sweet as a nut, but as with every intermittent fault, is it going to happen again? Has anyone else experienced something similar? Its not the orange clip as this has been done and was checked.

Of the relays in the passenger footwell I understand it's R3 but which one of the three is it? It's been looked at under a warranty, but for my own curiosity any help gratefully appreciated.

TIA

T-Cut 1st June 2010 22:31

The petrol pumps appear to be bomb-proof. Relays are another thing though.
R3 is located on top row of passenger fusebox. It's the first large one in a row of four (first one is small). There's a drawing in Haynes.

Reciprocating mechanism, ha!

TC

Borg Warner 2nd June 2010 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Cut (Post 533723)
The petrol pumps appear to be bomb-proof. Relays are another thing though.
R3 is located on top row of passenger fusebox. It's the first large one in a row of four (first one is small). There's a drawing in Haynes.

Reciprocating mechanism, ha!

TC

Thanks T-Cut:D