View Single Post
Old 5th June 2012, 08:55   #5
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover54 View Post
Firstly

Contact seancar, he will be able to help you out with what you need. http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...er.php?u=14726
If you get the plugs which is by far the easiest way either from Seancar or post a wanted thread, they work as follows (Ignore wandering about 12v to the heater elements)

The heated seat is switched by the earth to the seats by the heated seat switch.
There are 2 LED's inside the switch.
Amber that illumintes the seat icon when sidelights are turned on.
Green that illuminates the LED next to the seat icon when heated seat is switched on.

If your gigar lighter is illuminated, connect the red/white wire to red/white, if your switchbank has a switch/s connect the red/white to any red/white from a switch, If your switchbank is empty connect to the red/white wire to your ICE

connect the orange/white to the same 12 supply wire from a switchbank switch if fitted or connect to source that powers your seats. If you cig lighter works only when key is in AUX then you can connect to this, it is just a LED.

The colours from the switch plugs are:-

Thick (1.5mm) Black = Direct to earth
Thick (0.75mm) Yellow = Connect to yellow from the seat
Thin (0.5mm) red/white = to sidelight circuit
Thin (0.5mm) orange/white = to 12v AUX curcuit

Otherwise it is a lot of fiddling about soldering the correct size pins and spades onto 10 wires to push into the back of the seat plugs. Then you have to fill the void with hot glue or silicone to hold the pins in place and ensure they do not contact each other.

I had 10 pairs of heated seat switches and could only get 18 plugs so I retro wired 2 switches this way, I stripped a couple of plugs with the correct size pins/spades I bought from Maplin. cheaper to get the plugs if you can.

Last edited by Devilish; 5th June 2012 at 09:00..
Devilish is offline   Reply With Quote