View Single Post
Old 12th September 2012, 20:44   #12
rover54
Retired

rover 75 v6 Auto Conn. SE 54 plate LPG and 2006 Rover 75 v6 Auto LPG , 1.8 r75 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJacko View Post
Thanks. There are actually FOUR connections; two (blue) for the seat-belt pre-tensioners, and two (yellow) for the airbags, so that's actually double the amount of time - which, if it doesn't work, is even more of a wasted effort.

I've also read that the original connectors have a spring inside them which shorts out the two wires (on the airbag side), so that they are definitely uncharged and untriggerable when they are disconnected. Choc-boxes don't quite offer the same degree of protection, so I am keen (if possible) to only have to mess with the *actual* connector or item that's bust, rather than muck around with them all and risk (at a later date) an airbag firing off because of a dodgy choc-box connection coming loose or shorting against the seat frame.

I'm not looking to save money, specifically. Time is a constraint; safety is another. Obviously I'm not looking to throw money away, but neither am I going to cut corners with airbags if I can help it.

£55 for a diagnostic is steep, but if it'll rule out the offending article and save me having to rip the lot out 'just on the off-chance' then it's actually not so bad. I have emphysema, so struggling around under car seats is actually pretty hard work for me - which is another reason why I just want to find the *actual* source, rather than stab in the dark.

Cheers for the info anyway.
When I said both, I meant driver's and passenger side connectors. Not the number of connectors. Cannot say anymore than that and I am sure you will find whatever method suits you. I suggest you find a T4 if you don't want to waste anymore time as apart from trial and error, that is the only way you will find the problem.

Last edited by rover54; 12th September 2012 at 20:47..
rover54 is offline   Reply With Quote