View Single Post
Old 8th November 2012, 09:32   #11
mh007
This is my second home

MG ZT260 SE, MG ZT190+, MG ZTT 160, R75 Conn SE 2.0, R75 Conn SE 2.5 X 3, R75 Club SE 1.8, P5B Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
I'm probably the minority here but I find 'don't trust' and 'crooks' quite offensive! Surely a main dealer is the place to go for up to date info as it would be straight from the manufacturer regarding updates and recalls. Main dealers have to meet standards set by the manufacturer which includes training. Not all main dealers are the same and there are some very good ones out there, you could always try here http://www.automotivetechnician.org....sts/index.html
I said 'don't trust' & 'crooks' about main dealers from my own & my customers personal experiences over the last 40yrs !

Some may find it offensive............until they too get ripped off by a main dealer.

I even had a situation over a Ford Focus CDTi very recently with a very large main dealer.

I won't go into detail but they knew that I am in the motor trade & they even tried to baffle me with technical rubbish.

Needless to say, I then proceeded to give the workshop foreman & their 'top' technician a lesson in engine management systems & the result, my customers bill was half the original amount they wanted to charge him by fitting parts that weren't required !!!

I think 'don't trust' & 'crooks' is a fair description in this instance don't you ?

If not, what would you call it ?

Another thing, they are definately not worth the hourly rate they charge that's for sure.
mh007 is offline   Reply With Quote