View Single Post
Old 8th January 2013, 16:53   #14
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Thanks Gary for the info about the remote compartment at the side of the cam. When the SX40 was launched it hardly had any accessories. I see on Amazon it now has an array of them including add on filters. a wide angle lens and a magnification one. I can't order any being in Africa as Kenya is not the best place to send camera equipment to. I will revisit Amazon and see if they do a remote for the SX40. One of the guys here took some wonderful bird photos from the comfort of his home as he had set up the tripod, the camera and the remote in his garden. A handy trick I find appealing. I am sorry that Mrs Grandy is in hospital and won't stop smoking - what a worry as there is a great deal of help available. All you can do is your best. I am going away tomorrow from the forum for a week up country way up north by road and into the mountains and bush on safari living out in rough and camping. It is summer here. Hot by day and cold by night. The tropical rains are still around with sudden downpours then humidity which makes everything nice and green - I hope to be able to take a range of photos of what I get to see. Thanks to you and the guys for talking about photography, bridge cameras the pros and the cons.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote