View Single Post
Old 28th December 2007, 20:11   #5
brownie21
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon 1.8T Club SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie-Biker in a suit View Post
My home PC performed its last task on monday...made a gastly screeching sound and refused to boot up....took it to the PC shop today only for them to condemn the tower....the hard drive is dead. the irony is it was a fujitsu siemens recommended by a PC whizz....this is the third time it has suffered a catastrophic failure....I dont rate it at all.

What I now need is a computer that DOESN'T crash, lose data, or disconect from the internet all the time.

I am tempted by the DELL series having had a decent trouble free spell with a previous DELL latitude laptop.

So....which brand should I gor for...and Laptop or Tower?

Buy a new hardrive (about 30 quid) easy to install and then just reinstall windows on it or get a mate to do it. Any new PC is as good as any other in my experience (I build my own and it's all down to processor speed, RAM etc) It just depends what you want to use it for but if it's just the basics then pick one up from PC world for about 3 to 400 quid, don't worry about the brand just look for the Intel logo on the case (it's the CPU speed which is important) and they are all pretty fast these days - good luck

brownie21 is offline   Reply With Quote