View Single Post
Old 6th March 2013, 17:10   #154
Woof25
Passed Away

Rover 75 Saloon CDti Se A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petetourer View Post
Hi Bill....

I will be honest, the reason you have not had one is down to me I am afraid...

Steve always supplied these at the F&W meets and very kindly did so out of his own pocket...

I did look into this as I wanted to carry on the tradition, but to be honest looking at the costs involved I would have an issue... Magnets like these are not funded by the club, and if I supplied magnets at the F&W I would feel obliged to supply them at my other meets as well...

Now looking at recent numbers for the meets, I would be looking at supplying 60 odd magnets every 3 months or so.... I am self employed and work has been very up & down so far in 2013, which leaves me saving every penny possible (especially with a kid on the way ) So I made the decision not to supply the magnets....

If work picks up and I feel a little more flush, then I will look into supplying these at SELECTED meets through the year...

Cheers Bill....

Pete
No one expects you to provide the magnets pete, you did a great job steeing in when stevemac resigned and as you will be a dad soon maybe its time so maybe some one else could offer to arrange the F&W meets to give you a break, or maybe we have a budding regional secretary out there, with a baby and wife to support you will need to slow down a bit take it from someone who has been there read the book and washed the
nappies though you wont have to do that thank goodness

Best Wishes

mike
Woof25 is offline   Reply With Quote