View Single Post
Old 6th March 2013, 19:39   #56
Bluejon
Cumbria & N/Lancs Regional Secretary

2003 Rover 75 Saloon [Royal Blue] + 1999 Rover 75 Saloon [Duo-Tone Bacchus/Zircon Silver]

Thanked 1,656 Times in 769 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
Magnificent - as usual John
Whenever I see photos of commercial shipping setting sail, it brings this mental picture of cold, lonely oceans and nothing to see for miles around - and these pictures really are the epitomy of that
Any chance of sending some of that bright blue sky over to this side of the Pennines please - we're stuck in a rut of cold, foggy, misty, frost at the moment
Hi Rod,

Many thanks,I am with you on that,commercial shipping has always been a favourite of mine.I was actually born in Barrow in Furness,hence my interest in all things South Lakeland,as you may know,Barrow was for many years,a very busy shipbuilding Town,both Militarily & Commercially.

Concentrating latterly on Submarines,even that is not what it used to be,same all over I guess,alas,shipbuiding much to my dismay,is a thing of the past,in this Country,I'm afraid.

As for the weather Rod,what a difference a day makes,today was just the opposite to yesterday,overcast,cold, finishing off with rain this evening,ah well! back to normal for around here I suppose lol.

Best Regards.

John.