View Single Post
Old 20th March 2013, 11:15   #9
__chris__
Avid contributor

2003 MG ZT 190+,(2005 Facelift R75 1.8T SE Conny now consigned to be a donor car)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
... why don't you take it out, plunk it into a pot full of water, boil it and see if it opens??
Have been driving with the original in situ as I knew that was definitely the right version; have just done this with the new one (which previoously hadn't made any difference). After a while in the pot, the air bubbled out and the stat opened. Kept it in for a while, simmering away and it produced a decent amount of white wax in the water. Perhaps it had been sticking/reluctant to open before and now it's been "seasoned" I'm going to try and fit it tomorrow in the reassuring knowledge that it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too
... please report back
Demist test:
Can't hear anything obvious when I put the demist on from cold.
How long should it take for it to cut in Simon ?

When I had the radiator changed, would the mechanic have had to disconnect the fan? I'm wondering whether there was anything that may not have been put back together correctly, but as the high speed / heatsink fan cuts in, I'd assumed that there weren't any issues with that.

Work on the 1.8T

New pads &cs all round, Bonnet Catch Reversed, Plenums Cleaned, Renewed Selected Radiator Hoses, New Stainless Steel Twin Exhaust,Metal T-Piece, Head Skimmed and MLS Head Gasket, New Cambelt & Alternator Belt, New PRT & Water Pump, New Air Duct Hose, New Radiator, New plugs, coil packs & HT leads, Golden Radiator Resistor.
Car then blew up and I gave up.
Bought the ZT 190 instead !
__chris__ is offline   Reply With Quote