Thread: MG3 On Order
View Single Post
Old 9th November 2013, 20:46   #14
AURORA MG
Banned

(EX)-ZT-T190SE in Aurora.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmith View Post
Just been down to test drive the MG3 and liked it so much that ive configured a 3Style Newton Black. Paint quality was spot on and gap/panel alignment looks good. Great spec for money. Cant wait for it to arrive.
I like it in Newton Black with the Red Sebring stripes!!

In a way I wish the 3 had come out a month earlier (as it was supposed to have!) I wasn't in the market for another car as I have 4 currently but saw a new Ford Fiesta ST2 on a dealer forecourt one night & decided to look in the day time (only really to see what it was like & hopefully diss it) trouble was I got the brochure, test drove it & went round dealers looking at different colours/prices etc & fell in love with it.
After doing all this we got to go to the local MG Garage & took out the MG3 & I really like it but I got hooked for some real Hot Hatch fun & the MG3 fills only the boots of my sporty Rover 25GSi which I said I would never sell but really oddly enough I was at work locally recently & a friend/fellow MGR enthusiast passed me while valeting a customers cars & we got talking then about my car & he asked if I would sell it. I said only to an enthusiast & only at the very very right price.

Long & short is we struck a deal on the car as it is with all the nice bits on at £4150.00 for my 2006 Firefrost Red Rover 25GSi which I would likely be daft not to accept!
This would have been a substantial deposit for the MG3 & a good replacement but sadly in some ways we all got so wowed with the real fun factor & sound of the Fiesta ST2 as it reminded me (fun wise) of our ZT260SE so I put a deposit down yesterday on a Molten Orange ST2 with most options for March 1st.
Never ever thought I would buy a Ford let alone a new one but to hell with it.

Thing is other than body size there is no comparison to an MG3 so there is no way one can say the 3 is rubbish in comparison as the MG3 Style is £9999 & my ST2 is £18,600 so almost double so in a different league.
A little annoyed with myself for not keeping with tradition but I think the 1.5 engine in the MG3 lacks output for the engine size especially when you consider Ford get 125BHP from a 1 litre. If there was a hot MG3 I would say 95% I would have bought it though I recieved the new full MG3 brochure in the post yesterday & was reading it just before I wrote this!

A friend of mine who lives locally who I have been trying to get back in an MG for ages is due to put a deposit down on a White MG3 in the next week or so.

Last edited by AURORA MG; 9th November 2013 at 21:09..
AURORA MG is offline   Reply With Quote