View Single Post
Old 12th March 2008, 13:50   #23
tony_fry
I really should get out more.......

BMW I3

Angry

I am not sure all Keith had told me was "the PCB is knackered" when he replaced it with his known working PCB is was working fine for the 40 minutes he had it on test.

I have spoken to a Webasto dealer and he said he might be fix it as he has the test equipment to test different parts of the FBH, but if the PCB has gone it is only supplied with the heat exchanger assembly and it will be £205.32 + VAT to replace!! with what I have paid for the second hand unit it would work out as expensive as replacing with a new unit. I have managed to get a unit from a breakers in Middlewich, Cheshire (Tele 01606 738873) who offers a 90 day warranty on the unit and was £117.50 + postage (£11.75), he has sold another FBH to another member (CDTi), which was faulty but Keith managed to get it working for £75.00, so hopefully the one I get will work, or at least can be returned and I can get a refund, if this is the case I will end up getting a new unit.

I just don't seem to be having very much with my latest 75 purchase, within a week the ERG pipe at the rear of the engine needed to be replaced, brought a faulty FBH!!! and then after a few weeks away on holiday I get back and battery is dead, charged battery and now I have got a "Engine Disabled" warning light and the car is in the garage waiting for a replacement key to come from Germany (7-10 days quoted) and they are not even sure if the key is the problem. All these problems within a month of buying a CDTi!!

Why didn't I stick with the V6 75 3 years use and not one problem
tony_fry is offline   Reply With Quote