Thread: My two 75's
View Single Post
Old 6th March 2014, 22:21   #105
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Wow ! I haven't updated this post for months now and a good job I decided to look through it first.
I've just noticed the MOT is due soon on the V6 so I better get her checked out.

Meantime the diesel has given the usual diesel problem i.e. the in tank pump failed. Luck it happened in the village so the missus didn't have to walk far, (see my "Lucky White Heather" post)
Soon after that the under bonnet pump started to grumble but so far it has not let me down so I will hold on as long as I can.
I also had to renew the back box as the one I transferred from the V6 when it got the duplex stainless system failed completely. Other than that the diesels still going fine.

With the V6 I managed to acquire a second hand manifold and some other bits courtesy of Walter 825 coupe. The engine cover I got has now been colour matched along with the auxiliary belt cover. You may recall my original cover got a bit chewed by mice. These little blighters must like the foam insulation.

I was helping Walter a bit with a couple of things he is doing to his car and I must say it was a real learning curve stripping some of the bits out of the scrapper he has.
I stripped down the VIS motors from the inlet manifold I got a managed to find a fault in one namely dry soldered joints on the micro switches. Both motors had very little signs of oil ingress and the top one which controls the 6 butterflies tested OK although the side one I could not see it working when the engine was revved.
The test was done by simply unplugging my originals and plugging the harness into the second pair.
They have both been fitted to the car and I have noticed quite a difference in performance and economy.

Also when I carried out the same test with my original ones there was no movement in them.

I managed out to the Scottish meet at The Riverside Museum on Clydeside Glasgow, but it did turn out to be quite a miserable day so didn't get to chat too much.
One other "Mod" I now have to do is change the harmony stereo to a symphony unit.
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote