View Single Post
Old 14th April 2014, 09:22   #1
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts
Default Long distance 75 delivery around the UK

This is a free of cost offer for club members, who might need a purchased car driven from one part of the country, delivering somewhere else. Distance is no object to me, so long as you are willing to stand the bare costs of my travel and the fuel for the car.

Keep in mind I will not drive any dubious cars, nor cars lacking either tax or MOT - please do not ask, I value my clean license. I would expect you to cover the breakdown and insurance costs, though I do have third party cover to drive other cars, providing they are already insured on another policy. With no breakdown cover, you pay the cost of any breakdown should there be one - your risk. Nor would I want to get involved as the middleman between buyer and seller, or any issues subsequent to the purchase.

As you will not be able to attend with cash or etc. you, as the buyer will need to make your own payment arrangements with the seller, again I do not wish to become involved with that. I understand Paypal can be used for that and for free as a 'friends and family' payment and it is quick - but check on that with Paypal. Alternatively, you could use a direct bank to bank funds transfer, which I understand is free, but there can be delays of a day or two.

As said, I have third party cover to drive any vehicle, but I accept no responsibility for any damage which might occur en-route - but having said that, I have had no claims against me in 50 years on the road. Full temporary cover for a couple of days, can be had for £30 to £50.

I would also expect you to cover any expenses, such as the cost of rail travel, fuel and be collected from the station and delivered back to a station at a suitable time at the other end. http://www.thetrainline.com/ will give an idea of the maximum cost of travel, but given enough call to do this, it would be worth while my obtaining a Senior Railcard, which should bring with it some substantial reductions in travel costs. I am within easy walking distance of a rail station at this end, so there will normally be just the two journeys to be paid for. No charge for my time, just cover what it costs me. I have no use for a Railcard, so the cost of that will be added to the cost of the first trip which makes the Railcard worthwhile.

I would also expect you to make an arrangement with the seller to collect me from the station and you to deliver me back to a rail station at a sensible time. If it were a long journey and passing by close to home, I would have no objections to breaking the journey overnight at home if necessary, I have ample off road parking for several vehicles - thus avoiding hotel bills.

I do expect an advance payment to be made, to roughly cover the likely cost, via a Paypal 'Friends and Family' payment, with a final settlement at the end. I suspect your final bill, would be somewhat less than you could do it yourself for, never mind the time. Remember this is doing you a favor and I do not expect to be out of pocket doing favors.

I'm retired, love driving and traveling, so this is just a way for me to do that at no cost to me and at the same time do you a big favor. Being retired, means I'm usually available much of the time and at short notice.

Please use the 'Send email' option, rather than a PM via the forum to contact me.

[EDIT] Having just done one 800 mile trip, I now have a 12month Senior Railcard, so what you would need to pay for my rail travel will be even less.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 18th October 2014 at 13:15..
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote