View Single Post
Old 9th October 2014, 20:23   #18
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Sounds like the Folly that is the water fountains in the town square that our council wasted countless council tax payers pounds on!

When I moved here in the early eighties there was an underground toilet block in the square, it was frequented by undesirable types and had a rather unique aroma that emitted from it.
A few years after I moved here the council decided to change the one way system in the town and at the same time closed and filled in the entrance to the underground toilets!

So a decade or so have passed and the council hatch a plan to have a water feature in the square to attract the tourists and have them all flockin back to Clacton to see this modern marvel

Seems that someone forgot about the underground toilets as half the ground collapsed when installing it and once they finally sorted that out a few months after opening it was switched off due to hygiene concerns

It was re opened with much fan fare with loads of fencing round it to stop the kids playing in the water spouts !
We wouldn't want anyone getting legionnaires disease would we
Honestly, you couldn't make this stuff up!

Still, we've had a by-election today, wonder what we might get and what might change

Grabbed this off Google:

Last edited by coolcat; 9th October 2014 at 20:29..
coolcat is offline   Reply With Quote