pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve42 View Post
thanks mike.

sd1too.
well it starts up most of the time ok. so that adds up with what you say.
have also read on the site that with some 75s it would start up and drive ok. but when engine was warm would cut out and not start up again till cold.
mine seems to start up most of the time ok and has never stopped . so you could be right with that intermittent fault.

it all started when I replaced the sliver resistor for the gold one for the cooling fan so had the front bumper off.
but I would have thought that wires for the sensor would be well away from that.
mind you it is a rover so who knows
The primary object of this sensor is to inform the ECU of the position of the camshaft to start the engine. The sensor is immersed in oil and becomes coated which then makes the signal hard to depict for the ECU, simply clean and refit.

When the sensor becomes aged and toward the end of life, starting issues happen with a engine up to temperature. If this occurs remove sensor and place in deep freeze and try with the warm engine to decide if the unit has failed.

This sensor is only required to start the engine, no running issues should occur.
pab is offline   Reply With Quote