View Single Post
Old 30th January 2015, 21:34   #108
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilb740 View Post

We've all had the "think bike" "now you see him, now you don't" "the driver is always wrong" adverts drilled into us for decades.
We are getting the same nonsense for the cyclists now as well.
In case you are missing the point and I can only assume you are - The idea is to remind you to open your eyes as a driver, so as to not miss seeing them. How many times have you pulled out at junctions, after seeing other vehicles pass, but failed to see someone on a bike? They are very easy to not see and particularly so in a 75, because they can be hidden behind the deep A pillars.

The risk to someone in a car is minimal in a resulting collision, but would be much more serious to a biker who hit you as you pulled out. It happens frequently, which is why they try to hammer it home on the TV and on sign posts around biking areas.

It seems you even object to that

- yet you say you have been a biker. The way you have expressed yourself so far, I suspect the only bike you might have had was something rather small and not for very long.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.