View Single Post
Old 28th May 2008, 20:12   #36
Phil
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacman View Post
Hi Phil.

There are 2 reasons he could be peeing straight away.
1) Over exitement, therefore do not make a fuss of Oscar untill he has sorted it outside, see below.
2) Oscar not wanting to fowl his 'home' , and obviously is busting to go when you let him out of his 'home'. You need to let him out of his home and immediatly take him outside, if he makes it and pee's outside you must make a big fuss and tell him in an encouraging way 'good boy'.

If he does pee in the house do not clean it up with products that contain ammonia, bleach, many disinfectants etc, this will encourage Oscar to fowl in the same place due to the ammonia smell. Use products like ' formula H by pet life', or johnsons clean and safe, available in many a good pet shop including the one i work at
Other products to look at are. 'wee wee pads' or 'swifty(made by sherleys or beapher as its now known)' both are effective in toilet training.

Weres your puppy? lol you were the one who brought an English Springer lol .

hope it helps
dac
Thanks Dac, he's a great little chap, he has worn himself out now and is snuggled up next to me on the floor. I guess the nipping is just teething and not anger?