View Single Post
Old 8th July 2008, 09:08   #24
prits_uk2002
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190+

how does the door and locks actually work i have removed the doorcard the interia handle is got a hook on it which goes where ?what makes the lock go up and down i know that putting the key in the door and turning does this however mines doesnt open it or lock it so to confirm when putting the key in the door and turning it wont unlock or lock the drivers door all other doors are ok.

now the key fob it wont unlock the drivers door but it will lock it all the other doors are ok

now the button on the centre console will not unlock or lock the drivers door all other door are ok.

i know that pulling the inside handle is mechanically done all the other ways are electically right ? maybe something has got disconnected ?maybe a rod is fallen of maybe clip broke ? or is there something on all the doors that control them does anyone have a picture or even better a drawing of how the inside of the driver door should be everything there without the door card foam membrane basically all the electical and mechaincal parts what do you guys think
prits_uk2002 is offline   Reply With Quote