Thread: Dslr
View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2015, 22:36   #17
Dansrockin
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT number 1 of 25 celestial!!

I got my first DSLR last year, I didn't really want to spend too much, and after looking round, I picked up a Sony a100. I paid around £90 including a lens, and it turned out to take pretty decent pics even though it was a few years old. The good thing about it was that it fit the old Minolta lenses, and I picked up a beercan 70-210 lens, and a 50mm 1.7f lens, both of which are very highly regarded lenses on the various forums. I got both lenses for less than £125.
The a100 taught me how to handle and take good pics with a DSLR, and after a while I upgraded to the Sony a700. I picked it up for less than £200, but this was a semipro level camera that cost £1000 when new, and the pictures that even I can take with if can be breathtaking at times!
There's plenty of secondhand equipment out there, I'd definitely say have a look at some of the brands other than canon or Nikon. The bodies and lenses tend to be cheaper as they're not as popular, but in some cases can be just as good if not better than the big two!
Have a look on sites like this to get good reviews of anything you like the look of. http://www.trustedreviews.com/sony-a...tal-slr-review
Here's a few pics off the a700 and Minolta lenses

Last edited by Dansrockin; 23rd October 2015 at 23:01..
Dansrockin is offline   Reply With Quote