Thread: 17.3" Hp Laptop
View Single Post
Old 15th March 2016, 14:34   #7
Chilljohn
Posted a thing or two

MG HS PHEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxpump View Post
Not bad but you defintly will be hard pressed to sell it at that price as said above you can get brand new systems cheaper!

My system I'm running on now is a:
  • Asus Sabertooth z87 Military grade motherboard
  • i5 4770K 3.2Ghz
  • 128Gb SSD PCIe card for windows partition
  • 2TB 7,200RPM HHD
  • 16GB DDR3 900MHz RAM
  • Geforce GTX 660 3GB GPU RAM
  • DVD burner
  • Floppy drive
  • SD card reader
  • all in a studio grade 19" case

And it only cost shy of £500 brand new, I sell the above systems for £600 brand new built to studios and for musicians, but without the SSD Card (cause I bought that reconned for £90 when they usually cost £300!)

I understand that laptops sell at a premium but you'll be hard pressed. I sold a £2000 alien ware laptop a couple of years ago for £500 and thought I could get at least £1K back but I was so wrong. Anyway we are entering the age of newer better processors now and we are now in generation three core processors! (I3, i5 and i7 are generation two processors, but they are still the same named processors only clocked at 4GHz)
I appreciate the post but people looking to buy a laptop wont look at a system like the above as its well not a laptop

the I5 in the laptop is generation 5 @14nm Lithography so its a tick version in intels tick tock road map launched in 2015

the i7 you are comparing to is a 2013 chip too

as with most gaming laptops like you found with the alien ware people either want or don't want that type of a laptop and a 17.3" is a rather niche market as is

If no one on here wants then it will go of the other sites for selling but I always place anything that may interest people on here first

Free enable of digital speedo readout on message centre (takes 2 mins)

Free Vis motor testing, via obd port courtesy of my delphi so no need to take anything apart, along with free code scan including abs and airbag message me for details
Chilljohn is offline   Reply With Quote