View Single Post
Old 9th May 2016, 18:09   #30
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackrose View Post
Well gents, good news and bad news. The good news is the unit is now working again. The bad news is I don't know why

I had a response from the seller asking me to send him a quick video of the problem. Switched it on, blank screen, then after about two minutes the screen came back on. Everything working OK.

So installed it back in, even removed the CD from the glovebox.

The only thing I've noticed different is I had put a blackrose picture as the background, this has now disappeared, but this could be down to the resets, so I'm leaving the screensaver thing alone for a while.

So all is well,

Nearly tried the SWC but didn't want to push my luck.
On checking the cable SWC connections on the old Harmony unit neither of these are earthed to the unit. Someone must know how to connect things.
To be honest they are not really needed as all is very clear and easy to operate on the new unit, would be nice to have them working all the same.

Blackrose
That is good to hear...

Your blackrose image would have disappeared due to the 'Reset'. Just set it back up again, try a smaller image size. Maybe the unit is having trouble loading the image on star-up (the file could be too large).
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote