Thread: TOAF 135 remap?
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2016, 00:34   #31
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

And that's it, longer86 and the other TOAF developers present on this forum having now laid their cards on the table have just excluded themselves from any further input into this community for the present.

After lengthy discussion with Longer86 earlier today where I sought and offered them the option of supporting the owners club as legitimate trader partners at even the basic rate, I was rewarded by a stubborn and steadfast refusal and non recognition of the damage and disruption they were causing to the stability of the club. Then this evening it has become blatantly apparent that they do indeed intend to undermine legitimate businesses not only of our established trader community on here, but to also breach copyright in using our club forum to promote an Xpart remap upgrade 'hack'. We have a very good relationship with Xpart and are not about to condone or encourage the promotion of a free (or otherwise) counterfeit rip off program.

I have been speaking with the club owner about this situation over the last week or so and Christopher had said that if there is money changing hands along the line to generate revenue for them, then they must become traders or leave.

That was before the discussion tonight of free 135 Xpower remaps, which puts a different light on things again.

No one can deny TOAF has the potential to help many who simply don't have access to normal diagnostic outlets, it is clearly to be used at the owners risk, but the manner and scant regard that is being displayed by the polish members associated with the project toward our community has been more and more disruptive over the last few weeks. Until they are prepared to follow club rules, they are now not permitted to use the club platform the way they have been.

My advice to anyone who wishes to get direct answers from longer86 or the other developers is to use their own dedicated forum please.

Unlike the Facebook groups or certain other Internet forum groups, we here are structured differently and have a very good and successful trader partnership base which has served our members well for the last 10 years. We have some excellent dark blue members in our club and that is a tremendous asset to everyone here, if these folk were driven out, we would all suffer in the long term. If the TOAF team wish to work with us and not against us going forward then the door may yet be kept ajar.

Thank you.