Thread: EU vote?
View Single Post
Old 24th June 2016, 20:35   #1008
maxi_crawf
Posted a thing or two

R75 Saloon Conn CDT SE, MG ZT190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman2 View Post
It ain't sour grapes but the issues are stacking up that I doubt most who voted out had a scoobies on the big picture issues.
  • Messers Johnson and Gove want to take time to gather their thoughts before deciding the next steps. The EU want the UK to leave as soon as and aren't going to hang around until the Conservative party conference - why should they Brussels are now in the driving seat and it can't be seen that the tail is wagging the dog so the new team better be on the ball.
  • The deal that Cameron got in February that included safeguards for The City will now be scrapped.
  • The world markets that the EU had negotiated access to on our behalf will be withdrawn leaving us to re-negotiate back into the markets we were already in
  • The break-up of the UK is now a real possibility.
  • Oh - and the bilateral agreement we have with the French in Calais will be raised with the French Government. Yeah - might be separate to the EU but this will give leverage for the border to be moved back to Dover. You reckon we've got much support elsewhere to keep the status quo - I doubt it

But hey ho we need to make the best of it and move forward together and hopefully this new vision for the UK that BREXIT has promoted will come to pass.
I think you will find that the French have already said that they will still honour the bilateral agreement.