View Single Post
Old 29th October 2016, 11:36   #23
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by first-things-first View Post
Just as a side note - the forum search (use the Google one at the top of the forum list) will give you these answers and many more.

1. You can use any that meets the N402 spec - Havoline, Granville, Fuchs, amongst others make compatible fluids. I used a compatible "MV" (multi vehicle fluid) and it works fine.
2. System takes 8 litres for full flush. Buy 9/10 litres to give you extra, just in case. Always good to have spare and you can use these "MV" fluids for the power steering as well as they meet Dextron specs.
3. The fill spout (rubber bung) is in the engine bay (about below the upper intercooler pipe on a diesel) so on the flat is not an issue to refill. See thread below for pictures.
4. See below for pictures. Get acquainted with the bolts first. Do not undo the wrong one!
5. They are probably the air con drain pipes to release condensed water. Are they at an angle?
6. Nearest to you may be Exeter Road Garage.

Lastly, if you wish you can flush all of it in one go using "Beinet's" method.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=124816

I did it this way.

Edit - these are known compatible fluids :

MG Rover/X Part GUL 1805 or VYK 000 040
Land Rover STC 50531
Texaco Havoline Multi-vehicle ATF
Fuchs Titan ATF 4400
Carlube ATF-U
Valvoline Maxlife ATF
Ravenol ATF JF506E

Search on ebay. Lots of choice with that lot.
Good Morning, Figures do not add up?(Would yet again appreciate your advice)
But first the good news, after beginning at 9am this morning eventually at about 10am the cooler pipe finally lifted , displaced clips to allow pipe to be removed(Still required gentle use of snipe nose pliers plus screwdriver as lever to get it to move)

1. Fluid drained from drain plug 3.5 litres.
2. 4 litres of new fluid poured in via transmission filler pipe.
3. Cooler attachment delivered 4 litres in about 2 minutes.
4. Further 4 litres poured into transmission.
5. Now have 8 litres in and at this moment 7.5 litres out(like mud)
6. Car levelled using spirit level.
7. Started and ran through auto gears as advised.
8. Waited half an hour before engine temp gauge rose to Normal (Oil cooler luke warm?)
9. Cracked open level plug (Directly below transmission alongside selector cable).fluid coming out still like mud not clean as shown in photos?, this time collected 1.5 litres??
10.Now have 9 litres exactly, of dirty oil and approx. 7.8 litres in transmission after double checking measured divisions on oil containers. Of course I'm relying on measured marks on containers to be accurate?

Any idea as to discrepancies in figures??Still have car levelled off, panel not back in place...have to await your advice please...just editing thread as a thought suddenly struck me.When the car went in for its 90,000 service, the garage said and I quote "Your transmission fluid does require changing so we have just topped it up!!)

Having myself since then, acquired the knowledge, its obvious they over filled the box, giving me the 9 litres out .. However does leave two questions why would you think oil from level plug was still filthy, and do I need to add a half litre to bring my total added up to 8 litres?
Purchased 52 plate V6 connie Wedgewood blue,one owner,42000 on clock ,Virtually pristine.2017 service,new Goodyear tyres,Discs and pads all round,new battery,New cam and timing belts (3rd fitting in life of car),plus full normal service.exhaust 2016.First mod was to bonnet catch .Latest mod,triple heart pace maker. All brake lines changed for copper, all brake hoses changed for Pagid hoses.

Last edited by Caskin; 29th October 2016 at 12:33..
Caskin is offline   Reply With Quote