View Single Post
Old 10th February 2017, 12:24   #3
WayneH

Skoda Fabia

Thank you for the warm welcome. My Dad, BarryH, who was a member on here since 2009, sadly passed away on January 24th after a short battle with cancer. He had not been able to use his beloved 75 CDT Connoisseur for a few months and I took on the job of getting the battery charged up and getting the car running again. After a slight issue with opening the bonnet (which I can tell from the threads on here you are all too familiar with), it started first time with a freshly charged battery. It is a lovely car, the second 75 my Dad owned, he had owned it for 7 years. Dad previously owned a 1986 2300cc SD1, a 1993 800 Vitesse and an MG Montego, so he had a lot of love for the brand.

The plan was, as agreed with my Dad, that I would sell the 75 within this club as it would hopefully go to a good home. However, having driven the car back from Cornwall to Berkshire and spent the day cleaning it on Sunday, I realise it is just so nice and I am honestly thinking about keeping it - especially given how little they are now worth. I have had 2 Rovers before, both 620tis. Nowadays, I have an Evo VI TME in the garage and my daily driver is a Skoda Fabia vRS. If I kept the Rover, the Skoda would have to go.

Here is a photo of the 75 after I spent a few hours cleaning her up at the weekend. First time I have seen a 15 year old car with no dents whatsoever!

Last edited by WayneH; 10th February 2017 at 12:28..
WayneH is offline   Reply With Quote