View Single Post
Old 13th February 2017, 10:26   #6
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

That does look like a nice specked car, it even has voice activation which my Premium Luxury does not have.

A couple of points;
1/ The 2.7 has higher emissions than the 3.0 so is in a higher tax band.
2/ Those alloys are 19" Carelias not 18" as on the spec.

BTW I have a couple of spare Carelias if you want to purchase one as the car will be supplied with a space saver wheel.

Although the boot wheel well has sufficient depth for a full size spare part of this well may have the extra bass speaker fitted thus not allowing figment of the full size wheel.

Nice to see it has the concealed tow hitch but make sure it is complete with the detachable part.

My XF has been fantastic for towing our Coachman 520/4 VIP and power from the twin turbo 3.0 is also very impressive with local fuel consumption around the 25 - 27 mpg with 45mpg easily attainable on longer runs.

The bad point have mostly been electrical glitches fortunately in my case all covered under a Jaguar Approved Warranty.
My faults were ;

1/ A faulty door lock sensor.
2/ A faulty rear parking sensor.
3/ Interior light illuminating on its own, after several visits cured with the fitting of a carbon pad.
4/ The rear near side window would not close with global opening/ closing.
5/ Fuel filler flap actuator replaced after it failed thus unable to open flap to re fuel.
This resulted in me calling for roadside assistance for the first time since the 1970's.

Fianally I would avoid Jaguar Main Stealers, sorry Dealers as in my case my local Jaguar Main Stealer Parks Jaguar ripped off by £760 for fitting new rear upper arms to pass the MOT.
I asked for the old parts to be returned which have been inspected by dozens of people including four approved MOT testers who all agreed they should not have failed.
I subsequently re fitted the original parts and got the car re tested which was a pass but the test station applied advisories on them which in my opinion was just to keep them covered.

Despite complaints to Parks Jaguar, Trading Standards, DVSA/ VOSA, Jaguar Cars, SMTA and writing to Auto Express I have got nowhere with a result, not even an offer of partial refund.

As a result this XF will be my first and last Jaguar product
Having said all this I am not finished with Parks Jaguar !

Watch this space!
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote