View Single Post
Old 13th April 2017, 01:56   #3
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rķan P View Post
Was actually wondering about this the other day Colin, and whether or not the cars are eligible for classic insurance? How old do cars usually need to be to qualify for it.

Good thread!
Well as I said above, ive had at least one of my 75 or zts insured as a classic or future classic for the last 7 years now.

7 years ago I was insured with Greenlight on my 2002 ZT 160 v6, they gave me a future classic policy, which essentially was a mirrored regular policy, but down as second car and treated as a classic. Very good to deal with and happy with modifications. I stayed with them until 2012.

I then moved my ZT to Campbell of Coleraine, and have had roughly 18 75 and zt's on that policy since as they have been bought and sold on. They also do "laid up" cover also, which helped me great when my 214 sat up for a few years and when my ztt was off the road from october until february due to MOt / lack of money.

It just seems to depends greatly on the company, as I said above a membership of a recognized AOVC car club goes a long way.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote