View Single Post
Old 29th April 2017, 06:07   #13
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool And we eventually........................

...............................Found how to get into our flat in Malton.

After a pot of tea at Emma's I left to make my way North but first we had to get onto the M25 and off of the A10. Very slow traffic but we got there. The M25 was running well and soon we had branched off and onto the A1. It's Truckfest this weekend at the East of England show ground so so very smart big wheelers were on the move.

Stopped at Peterborough services, well after all that tea, but soon back on the road with Banana eating up the miles. We had caught up to a "N" reg Red Beemer who was travelling with a Jaguar XJ8, and we kept company with them all the way to York. We even waved at there turn off point.

But before that the A1 was mainly nose to tail driving thus cutting our speed down, in a couple of places we even came to a standstill. Now in the outside lane, I found on the inside of me a Vauxhall Zafira kept taking pictures of me or was they taking photo's of my passenger. 'Bertie Banana' was riding shotgun and they were taking pictures of him.

Once past the traffic we picked up speed before turning off onto the A64 towards York. My 2 companion cars split off at the first turn off, for York, and with a flash of lights, and a wave, we said our goodbyes. The last time I travelled down towards Malton was back in 2006 but then my passenger was my Val. Familiar places flashed by, names I remembered from way back. Pulled into Malton, a few memories rolled down my cheeks. And the Satnav said I had arrived, no idea where the apartment was. I drove on through Malton before stopping and putting my iPad on. Clicked on maps and that took me back through Malton and almost to the front door.

I found Redfive parked up in the side turning. Parked Banana in front and went in search of how to get in to the flat. In the end I phoned Ian who came down and let me in. He told me we was at the top of the stairs. So after a long climb I found myself looking at a fantastic view.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote