View Single Post
Old 16th February 2018, 07:21   #149
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2roverman View Post
Found that when engine locked in safe position and front tools in place, the marks on the rear chainwheels do NOT quite line up. (I might add I'm using the 2 litre tools and checked the engine is a 2-litre). Is this what we know to be the case, and if so, the info in Haynes manual is wrong in that you cannot fit the rear tool while the engine is locked.
It is what I expected to see. Haynes has been known to be wrong before - for example they have the clutch master cylinder being supplied with fluid from the brake master cylinder reservoir, similar to the system used on the Vauxhall Astra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2roverman View Post
At this point I would like to load a photo showing the chainwheel alignment marks as I have been asked to previously in thei thread, but can't do it. When I click the 'inset image' button I am asked for a URL. This seems a complex way of doing it, surely I should just be able to pick it from a list in the appropriate file?
This may help with uploading photos:

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...ng+photographs
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote