Old 12th April 2018, 06:29   #112
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jamieson View Post
Hi Phil
I’ve just spent the last half hour viewing your “gallery” and have enjoyed it immensely. I would have run out of thanks by page 3 so thanks collectively for posting.
I’m also a bit of a classic music fan but I simply pick something from a list then play it. I have a Sonus speaker system throughout the house and use Napster to download my music.
A couple of weeks ago I came across Andre Rieu in concert I think it was Berlin, anyway towards the end a lady wearing a ball gown came out and played Highland Cathedral, on the bagpipes. It was amazing, I wish I could post a link but worth listening to. The tempo was a little slower than I’ve usual heard with the piece but still wonderful to hear.

I still have my old 8 track tapes up in the loft with the classical stuff I used to play at full volume. Well I still like to crank the volume up with the Sonus when the missus is out
https://youtu.be/VlkTjvldNzA

Good morning Jim and here is an uplifting start to the day in the above link: Andre Rieu, Amazing Grace, bagpipes. Get your hanky out

Thank you for the compliments about the photos. I have not been able to take any photos over the past few days became of the weather, heavy rains and 100% humidity.

Jim, you have a beautiful music system, state of the art which must give you a great deal of pleasure

I took this photo this morning. It looks like more rain is on the way, but we need it, so no complaints here,

Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote