View Single Post
Old 19th April 2018, 18:12   #42
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustymotor View Post
Hi, it's unfortunate in some respects because, many people who voted to leave won't be affected by leaving the EU, IMO it should have been a vote decided by younger folk who's future may well be affected.

My own view as I'm in the older category, if it creates harmony and avoids war then let it be however, I do believe the better way forward may have been to re negotiate our position and remain.

The governments target on immigration 100,000 remains at close to 250,000 and includes many none EU migrants. We are a small Island and can't continue under such pressure on our NHS, schools, housing and benefit system, these pressures can spark racism and therefore remains a delicate topic.

i've never really understood all this ..'it's the youngsters future that has been robbed.....The young people should decide the future etc etc....... nonsense.

What exactly is that all about?

Under what serious rationale should some voters get more of a say than others?

Rather ironically every single new regulation and directive is devised and put forward by unelected Beurocrats. The elected MEPs are unable to propose any legislation themselves despit being the only democratically elected people in the whole institution.

So those young people don't ever get a vote on who makes their laws and don't ever get the chance to vote them out either if they disagree with whats going on anyway.

The EU is a disgusting corrupt, gravy train for some, totally lacking in any shred of recognized democracy.

What other reason does anyone with their head screwed on need to demand to leave it?