View Single Post
Old 6th August 2018, 18:34   #2
billericaymgxpower
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT, Nissan Patrol, Volkswagen Touareg, Vauxhall Frontera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfortably Numb View Post
Entering the A66 dual carriageway this morning, the traffic was a slow moving, nose -to- tail queue, however, I was kindly flashed in by a black X-Type Jag, whom I acknowledged with a wave. Towards the end of this section of dual carriageway, the traffic was moving better, and those in lane 2 were slotting themselves into lane 1, including the usual last-minute, opportunist overtakers, (mostly German cars), so I closed up the gap between me and the car in front. I then became aware that the car travelling patiently beside me (not flying past to butt in at the front), was a very smart, silver facelift 75, occupied by an elderly couple. I duly opened up the gap in front of me and let him in. He was obviously an enthusiast, personal numberplate, with a small, Rover boot badge neatly fixed to the r/h end of it. So, M77###, if that was you, it was me in the Copperleaf Y-reg. I was on my way to check out holiday shifts etc. at Center Parcs, whose busy junction was the cause of the delays. Coming out some time later, I expected a long wait at the junction in order to make the right turn onto the A66. Miraculously, there was a good gap in the traffic from my right, so I pulled out, looking to my left for a gap, so I wouldn't have to stop on the central chevrons. And the first car in the line was ...? A Copperleaf 25, who slowed, and flashed me out! As I straightened up, I waved my thanks, and he flashed his acknowledgement back. Good, old fashioned Brit courtesy lives, - especially if you drive a good old Brit car!
If only more courtesy was demonstrated, driving would again be pleasurable!
billericaymgxpower is offline   Reply With Quote